Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Just tried to install the JA ACM module ad it comes up with the following error message.

Warning
    Copy failed

JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /var/www/html/customer/tmp/install_543f92e10f607/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_ja_acm.ini to /var/www/html/customer/language/en-GB/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_ja_acm.ini

Looks like it is putting additional “Language PATH” in i.e. language/en-GB/language/en-GB/

I manually copied them over but not sure if this is just an issue with my instance.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @neilellis,

I have tested the installation of this JA ACM module within default Joomla package but without any issues. The probability here would be the permission/ownership issue.

As the error message implies, you can check the permissions of the directory /tmp on your site and make sure that this folder is Writable, you can check via Backend >> Site >> System Information >> Directory Permissions

In case that you had set it already but the problem still persists, then you might didn’t have file ownership and you will have to talk to your host for help.

Best,
    Saguaros

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Just for adding information:
    – Please check /tmp permission as @saguaros said.
    Some server use run PHP under apache owner ( or nobody ) would cause trouble. I would suggest to use FastCGI.
    – Make sure your server have enough storage space.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

charles99 Friend

There seem to be an error… I ran into the same problem and my folder setting are correct.

public_html/language/en-GB/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_ja_acm.ini

Need to remove this from the link….

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    I think i understood your issue. Look likes it’s our issue while packing extensions.
    Let me check it and will reply you in soon.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

stulaine Friend

I have the same issue. I am going to proceed with the quickstart package for now but not ideal

charles99 Friend

have you corrected the error yet? Because I just trie to install the module and still getting the error!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Charles,

You can try opening this XML file in the package of this module: mod_ja_acm.xml

Replace this:

<languages>
    <language tag="en-GB">languageen-GBen-GB.mod_ja_acm.ini</language>
    <language tag="en-GB">languageen-GBen-GB.mod_ja_acm.sys.ini</language>
    </languages>

With:

<languages>
    <language tag="en-GB">/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_ja_acm.ini</language>
    <language tag="en-GB">language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_ja_acm.sys.ini</language>
    </languages>

Save & install again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum