Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

There is a “import” function on backend->JA Job Board->Locations

I like to use this import function to get country/province list into JB locations

I’m not programmer, I don’t know XML things, if anyone can teach me where/how to get those information and list on XML Spreadsheet ?

Thanks for help

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@lucky93 191055 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is a “import” function on backend->JA Job Board->Locations

I like to use this import function to get country/province list into JB locations

I’m not programmer, I don’t know XML things, if anyone can teach me where/how to get those information and list on XML Spreadsheet ?

Thanks for help</blockquote>

Hi,

Please follow the steps guided in the attached file.

1. import_functions
    lucky93 Friend

Thank you for the explanation.

May I have suggestion where to get full list of worldwide country/province.

renzguy Friend

I tried the method above, but it comes up with an error “The Structure Of Location Data File Is Incorrect Or File Data Is Empty”

The image of the file i have is attached. thanks.

Also, I do I go about removing the “Powered by Ja Jobboard” coypright on the frontend and backend. Thanks!.

1. locations-joboard
    Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello Zenzguy,

Did you save your file as “XML SpreadSheet” file type?
    Could you plase attach it for further checking?

renzguy Friend

Hi,

I am having the same issues and I got the same error too for the location.

please how do I go about it.

Also I do I remove the copyright text powered by Ja Jobboard on both front end and backend

1. loc-image
    Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<em>@renzguy 332944 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I am having the same issues and I got the same error too for the location.

please how do I go about it.

Also I do I remove the copyright text powered by Ja Jobboard on both front end and backend</blockquote>

– Please upload your spreadsheet file for checking.
    – the copyright text for back-end is defined in the file administrator/components/com_jajobboard/views/jaview/tmpl/footer.php . for disabling copyright text on front-end, you can select ‘Yes’ for the ‘Hide The Ja Job Board Copyright’ option on configuration form of Jobboard component

renzguy Friend

I have attached the spreadsheet and the xml file. None seem to be working.

Also can I please get categories in an xml file. thanks.

1. loc-image
    2. loc2
    renzguy Friend

Thanks for the reply earlier Dead Code. Sorry I just attached the xml file for the location. Plus I dont get e-mail alerts for responses on the forum.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<em>@renzguy 335000 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I have attached the spreadsheet and the xml file. None seem to be working.

Also can I please get categories in an xml file. thanks.</blockquote>

our forum does not allow to upload these file types, you can compress your file before upload. I need to test to import that file in our site for debug.

<blockquote>Thanks for the reply earlier Dead Code. Sorry I just attached the xml file for the location. Plus I dont get e-mail alerts for responses on the forum.
    </blockquote>

sorry, some our email goes to spam box in recent time. Please create a filter to make an email that send from us does not go to spam folder.

renzguy Friend

<em>@Dead Code 335227 wrote:</em><blockquote>our forum does not allow to upload these file types, you can compress your file before upload. I need to test to import that file in our site for debug.

sorry, some our email goes to spam box in recent time. Please create a filter to make an email that send from us does not go to spam folder.</blockquote>

The compressed file is attached

1. locations_xml.zip
    Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I have downloaded your file, copy its content and pasted into new file, and then save with “XML spreadsheet” format.
    Importing it in JB, and it works properly.

Comparing my own file with your one, I see that items in your file is missed ‘ss:index’ tag, that why JB report that it is a invalid format.
    Please download my file and test in your end

1. test.zip
    environc Friend

Hi,

I followed the above instructions to import locations to my site but when I upload it, I see some progress then the import page goes blank, not even an error message. Am I doing something wrong here? I am attaching my XML file. I would be very thankful if you could have a look at it and show me what I am doing wrong.

Regards

1. final_xml.zip
    HeR0 Friend

Dear Environc,

Please save the excel file as xml 2003 format as the screenshot http://prntscr.com/11sd10

Regards

environc Friend

Hi Hero,

That’s exactly what I did but when I want to import it, the page just goes blank after some minutes and there’s no message or anything.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum