Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody,

Thanks a lot for this beautiful template.

I started the migration from 2.5 (purity II) to 3.0 (purity III), but i have a problem with the side menu.

like you can see in attached file, the left menu is purity III and it’s not practical at all. to the right its purity II, it’s clear and useful.

It’s a trick to retrieve this kind of menu ?

Thank you

1. menu
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @znuf,

In JA Purity III, we changed the layout of menu layout. For customization task, you can learn to use Firebug.

If you’re not familiar with this task, you must have a valid subscription in order to get any further assistance in such technical matter.

rnippes Friend

hi adam,

the problem is – imho – that the menu is broken.

if you have more than on level, it does not work correct. the menu items are displayed white on white background. to hit a submenu work 50% of the time.

kind regards,
    reiner

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rnippes,

You can have a look at this thread.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rnippes,

You can have a look at this thread.

znuf Friend

Thanks for the informations

znuf Friend

Thanks for the informations

rnippes Friend

<em>@Adam M 471034 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @rnippes,

You can have a look at this thread.</blockquote>

hi adam,

puting this extra css from here (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/vertical-menu-child-links-not-showing/) to my custom.css has no effect. (seems some more magic needed that i don’t understand.)

what i found is that the background color ist set wrong.

color is white. and background-color is not set to grey.

1. Clipboard01
    znuf Friend

<em>@rnippes 471138 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi adam,

puting this extra css from here (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/vertical-menu-child-links-not-showing/) to my custom.css has no effect. (seems some more magic needed that i don’t understand.)

what i found is that the background color ist set wrong.

color is white. and background-color is not set to grey.</blockquote>

Same here, i had the extra CSS (created the file) but nothing happed

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rnippes, @znuf :

May I know your site url so I can assist you better ?

rnippes Friend

<em>@Adam M 471355 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @rnippes, @znuf :

May I know your site url so I can assist you better ?</blockquote>

sure: http://purity_iii.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/layout/class-layout/default-layout

normal:

mouse over menu (typography):

menu settings:

sometimes, if you want to select a sub-menu it is impossible. the dropdown menu disapears when the mouse hits the border between the (white) menu and the (black) sub-menu. no chance.

your custom.css has also no effect. how turn this effect/style on? some advanced menu settings? some class sufix style?

i did this on a local copy of purity iii. i didn’t hack your side. 😉

1. Clipboard02
    2. Clipboard01
    3. Clipboard03
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @rnippes,

Actually I need to check your site with custom.css (which you said not work) in order to check which part didn’t work. As you’re working in local, it’s hard for me to investigate the problem just by guessing, so please continue your work and let me know when your site is online so I can check it for you.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rnippes,

Actually I need to check your site with custom.css (which you said not work) in order to check which part didn’t work. As you’re working in local, it’s hard for me to investigate the problem just by guessing, so please continue your work and let me know when your site is online so I can check it for you.

rnippes Friend

it’s just the purity_iii quickstart + custom.css. nothing else changed.

just download it from your website. add the custom.css and you can investigate it.

btw: the problem is not the custom.css. the problem is that the original purity .css for the menu is broken. for me custom.css would be just a nice workaround.

znuf Friend

Here you can find mine :

http://site2.oeno-tech.ch/index.php

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum