Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I often see questions related to confusion as to how to utilize module class suffixes within your JoomlArt template-based websites. The following is a brief tutorial – with additional references/resources – that I hope will help you to understand the process.

You can use module class suffix to distinguish that module from others with regard to the css classes it uses.

Using the JA OnePage template as an example . . . . .

You can create module class suffix as follows . . . .

1. Add new code block into templates/ja_onepage/css/custom.css

example:

.hero-unit {
    margin: 59px 0 0;
    padding: 0;
    text-align: center;
    -webkit-border-radius: 0px;
    -moz-border-radius: 0px;
    border-radius: 0px;
    }

2. Add your module class suffix within the selected module as follows:

Here are some additional resources concerning using module class suffix in Joomla . . . ..

JOOMLA DOCS: MODULE CLASS SUFFIX

USING TYPOGRAPHY PAGE to IDENTIFY MODULE CLASSES

Hope this helps to de-mystify some of the confusion in using module class suffixes to modify/customize
    your JoomlArt based website.

😎

gribblej Friend

What if you are working with one of the new Boostrap templates in development mode driven by the multitude of LESS CSS files? Which LESS file do we use to intput our custom code? From where will the system fetch the new class styling? Things are so much more complicated now compared to the simple old-fashioned scenario you outline here.
    Thank you.

gribblej Friend

Just a note to everyone who’s working in development mode on a LESS-driven site. You will find that the LESS files don’t contain a big long style.css file. Everything is broken up into small bites. For example, T-3 modulestyle has its own little LESS file. At the end of that file is where you input your custom module styling. So, I’ve created a class called {keyboard space}Cool. And I want this module to have a black background. At the end of LESS modulestyle CSS file I type in:
    .Cool
    {
    background: #000
    }

Plus whatever custom parameters you want including text styling and borders etc.

That’s it.

TomC Moderator
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum