Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

One question we get quite a bit in the Community Forum is “how do I remove or change the ‘Welcome to the Frontpage’ message in Joomla”.

With Joomla, we have the ability to set a page title for each ‘page’. The title can be set in the parameters of the default menu item (link) for the particular page in question. More times than not, the default menu item is the “Home” item … unless you have chosen to rename or reassign it.

Here are the steps to take to modify or remove the “Welcome to the Frontpage” display:

1. Open your site administration

2. Go to your Menu Manager – select your Main Menu

3. Select your “Home” menu item (or whichever item you have designated as the default menu item – usually it is “Home”)

4. On the right hand side, click the Page Display Options tab

5. Within the Browser Page Title field, change or remove the language “Welcome to the Frontpage”

That’s it . . . simple as that.

Hope this helps with this “Frequently Asked Question”

😎

hannelore Friend

Hi Tom

you sure have a lot of help pages out there, now how could anything go wrong?

thanks
    hannelore:cool:

jay313 Friend

Hello,

I actually tried this….clean my Cache within Joomla…cleared my PC’s cache…and that Welcome To The Frontpage still won’t update. Help , please!

Jay

swissa Friend

<em>@jay313 303030 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I actually tried this….clean my Cache within Joomla…cleared my PC’s cache…and that Welcome To The Frontpage still won’t update. Help , please!

Jay</blockquote>

On Tiris it could be a module so go to module manager and search for “welcome” and then you can set it to unpublished. Tiris came with a module called “Welcome to Tiris” so I wonder the wording has been changed…..

You can but try it!

Bestens

TomC Moderator

<em>@jay313 303030 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

Jay</blockquote>

Here is another method to try . . . .

Within the following folder –> administratorlanguageen-GB[/I]en-GB.plg_system_jat3.ini

look for this string –> HOME_PAGE_TITLE=”Welcome to the Frontpage”

Delete “Welcome to the Frontpage” . . . or change it to whatever you want.

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Let me know if this method works.

[/LEFT]

jay313 Friend

That’s on the money! it worked for me! THANK YOU!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jay313 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum