Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Can someone tell me what code needs to be changed so that links are not created for JA News Categorys / Sections?

I do not want the Category or Section to be clickable.

Please see the screen shot.

Thank you very much

1. no_link
    Sherlock Friend

Hi directcorrespondentlender !
    You can remove it following way below :
    Open blog_item.php file in modulesmod_janewstmpl folder, find following code section at about line 20 :

<a href="<?php echo $catlink;?>" title="<?php echo trim(strip_tags($catdesc));?>">
    <span><?php echo $cattitle;?></span>
    </a>

change to :

<a title="<?php echo trim(strip_tags($catdesc));?>">
    </a>

Benjamin Falcon Friend

Thank you Hainn84!

I am going to try this out tonight.

instantinlaw Friend

Hello hainn84,

Editing this file in JA News 1.3.1 for Topaz no longer gets the desired effect of removing the link. In fact I even deleted blog_item.php from the server and it had no effect at all on the link or display, or the function of JA News 1.3.1.

I really need to remove the title link the same as the person who originally posted this thread wanted to do.

Can you help?

Thanks!

instantinlaw Friend

Wanna keep this on top in case anyone has any ideas.
    Thanks

instantinlaw Friend

bump… 🙂

instantinlaw Friend

Daily bump…

instantinlaw Friend

Come on guys,
    Nobody has any ideas?
    Just in case it makes a diffrence it’s JA News 1.3.1 for Topaz.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi there,

To remove link in the topaz, please open templatesja_topazhtmlmod_janewsblog_item.php, at about line 29, find following code section:

[PHP]<a href=”<?php echo $catlink;?>” title=”<?php echo trim(strip_tags($catdesc));?>”>
    </a>[/PHP]

and change to:

[PHP]<span><?php echo $cattitle;?></span>[/PHP]

instantinlaw Friend

Hi JA Developer,
    Your method worked but it removed the background color of the title. I then used hainn84’s code and it worked this time because I was in the correct folder because of your pathway post.

To remove link in the topaz, please open templatesja_topazhtmlmod_janewsblog_item.php, at about line 29, find following code section:

I was trying to edit blog_item.php in the modules folder because of the path that hainn84 posted. :((

You can remove it following way below :
    Open blog_item.php file in modulesmod_janewstmpl folder, find following code section at about line 20 :

Thank you hainn84 ,
    but a biger thanks to you JA Developer!😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 14 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum