Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hello. I have 1 question. After installation Ja teline 2 for joomla 1.5, my module ja highslide work on Firefox, but no on IE. Sometimes work on IE, but this is like a lottery. Why? Maybe i dont have correct chmod’s ?

On FF:

On IE:

Can anyone help me? Thx very much 🙂 And sorry for english 🙁

bigrk Friend

A URL would help.

assadniang Friend

That’s true, I have seen the same behavior also on my site. Sometimes (when you load the page for the first time), when you click on a picture, it does not open up with the nice popup effect. And this is pretty consistent on my site. ( http://www.senegalonline.net user:demo pass:demo)

assadniang Friend

THis happens on a fresh install. To see it, just disable the Video Drive Your way module, this will move up the Tabs module to user5. And then, you should be able to see it.

chomik Friend

i put my url, but nobody help me. this problem i think, have not only me. when i put Media module with highslide phootos, this module work ok on FF and IE. But when he is on user 6, work only in FF.

sw42it Friend

I can confirm the behaviour.
    fresh installation of the quickstart package, then disable the Video drive your way module, refresh your explorer window and just move directly to the Tabs module “Media” and click on one of the images. The image will not be shown in highslide – it will be shown like a normal linked image.
    This happens in IE6 and also in IE7!
    Same installation works fine with Firefox.

Can someone help?

ralley Friend

I don’t think the problem is related to the video module, as I do not even have that module installed and I have had problems with the highslide modules in I.E. since I installed the template. Most of the time only the image appears, but occassionally, as I mouse over one of the images the headline text will appear.

Really, all I want is a linkable image with a transparent headline banner accross. I don’t even care about the pop up capabilities of highslide. Anybody know of another easy way to do this?

sw42it Friend

you are right, there is no problem with the video module, nobody mentioned that. But It explains the situation, that sometimes it works and sometimes it dosn’t work.

For me it looks like that something is not yet loaded (perhaps some mootools stuff) or initialized.

marcogap1328 Friend

Did anyone fixed this problem? I have the same problem. highslide works only if i reload the page (on IE 7). In other browser there is no problem.

greetings from germany

amwendwa Friend

I also have the same problem.

The reason it works sometimes is because, when you click on the login or text links which use Highslide, they activate the rest. So something is causing the script not to load itself….. i still have no answer on how to resolve this.

marcogap1328 Friend

again… did anybody have an idea?

video1 Friend
    subfighter Friend

seriously fix these issues instead of worry about new templates being released.. how are you supposed to use this on a live site.

limeweb Friend

Interesting that this thread was started in April and still not fixed by Sept or even acknowledged as an issue by the JA Team. The only real feedback was from BigRK saying ‘A URL would be useful’.

Personally I think it would be more useful if a solution could be found, or if the IE problem of “J parentNode is null or not an object’ is not being experienced by others then perhaps they could let us with the problem know the fix.

My guess would be that there is a conflict somewhere between there being two swfobject.js files being loaded in the teline II template – one from avreloaded and one from highslide. I’ve disabled the highslide one in my index.php but that had no effect and I still have the IE problem…

Anyone got any suggestions please?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  limeweb 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum