Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

unfortunatelly the fantastic Nickel Template is only in dark black :o( , flashy red and ok: blue.

what is with a nice and solid green?

is there the possibility to get it in green? perhaps as payed customization instead of installation service?

thanks
    best regards
    Karsten

Css Magician Friend

<em>@erecht24 120722 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

unfortunatelly the fantastic Nickel Template is only in dark black :o( , flashy red and ok: blue.

what is with a nice and solid green?

is there the possibility to get it in green? perhaps as payed customization instead of installation service?

thanks
    best regards
    Karsten</blockquote>

Hi erecht24,

If you want, you can choose color in my sample-design . The Nickel templates is very simple if you want choose color. 😎

Thank you and Good luck

1. green_nickel
    alicebb Friend

<em>@duchh 121429 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you want, you can choose color in my sample-design . The Nickel templates is very simple if you want choose color. :cool:</blockquote>Sorry but I don’t understand your answer. I too would like to add some other colour choices besides red & blue e.g. Green like your sample image. Please could you explain how to do this?

Cheers

Nigel

Phill Moderator

You need to edit your template.css file.

To work out what needs adjusting use Firefox with the Firebug plugin

http://getfirebug.com/

There are full instructions on the site on how to use it.

alicebb Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 123968 wrote:</em><blockquote>You need to edit your template.css file.

To work out what needs adjusting use Firefox with the Firebug plugin

http://getfirebug.com/

There are full instructions on the site on how to use it.</blockquote>Thanks but I already know how to modify the existing template. What I would like to do is add some extra colour options. I have found the two CSS files & 11 images specific to each colour choice but I can’t figure out what I need to change in the other code to add extra colours. I would like to have the choice in the back end between default, red, blue, green, purple, orange, yellow etc

Phill Moderator

Ok,

Make copies of each of the colour css file renamed to your new colour. For example, Copy red.css and red-ie.php and save the copies as for example purple.css and purple-ie.php

Then do the same for the Images folders. IE- make a copy of images>red and save it as image>purple

Finally, open templateDetails.xml and look for the following

<param name="ja_color" type="list" default="default" label="Default Style" description="Default style. If Style Switching is enabled, the selected style on frontpage will be saved. You must disable Style Switching or clear cookie to activate the new default style">
    <option value="default">default</option>
    <option value="blue">blue</option>
    <option value="red">red</option>

</param>

and change to

<param name="ja_color" type="list" default="default" label="Default Style" description="Default style. If Style Switching is enabled, the selected style on frontpage will be saved. You must disable Style Switching or clear cookie to activate the new default style">
    <option value="default">default</option>
    <option value="blue">blue</option>
    <option value="red">red</option>
    <option value="purple">purple</option>
    </param>

Which will add the purple option to your dropdown.

In ja_vars1.5.php add your colour to the line

$tmpTools->setColorThemes (array('default','blue','red','red','purple'));

In your new purple-ie.php change the bit in red

h1.logo a {
    filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='<?php echo $template_path;?>/images/purple/logo.png', sizingMethod='image');
    background-image: none;
    }

Then modify the purple.css and images to your needs. A good tip here is to open purple.css and do a find and replace on all instances of “red” and replace with “purple” to make the fille look at your new purple folder.

Repeat for each colour choice.

Interestingly, JA have left some other colours from the ja_opal template in there. Try adding
    <option value="yellow">yellow</option>
    to your xml file for instance and see what that looks like.

alicebb Friend

Phil, thanks a lot for the pointers. That saved me quite some time poking about in the code. The other important thing to search for is D33615 which is the definition of the red background colour in hex. Just replace this with the hexadecimal representation of the colour that you want.

analondral Friend

Here is file green.css which I transformed from red.css
    For me, it works.

1. green.zip
    sushismb Friend

Hello,

I can’t seem to download your attachment. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Dear analondral!

Pls check the your files, they are death 😐

Thanks

uniquebiz Friend

just open the red .css file and replace the red hex code with the green hex code basically

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum