Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I can’t believe that JoomlArt has ignored its customers and made the new system do not support RTL languages.
    I don’t think that they know that they have ruled out Arabic and Hebrew, and the non-Semitic languages using the Arabic or the Hebrew alphabet, such as Persian, Yiddish and Urdu.
    Me as a developer, Now I’m limited to provide my web designs and services only in western languages and I have to purchase other products than JoomlArt’s for my Arabic designs.
    Hope the management will consider its decision.
    Waiting for the Admin official Feedback.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi iraqtech,

I will be very frank with you.

It was not an easy decision, first of all there were very few users for RTL support at the same time it takes lot of resources and time for adding the RTL support, this coupled with too many Joomla versions to take care of (not only development but maintenance of products). We have doubled our team for the increased load but even then at this stage it is not possible for us to provide RTL support.
    T3v2 still supports RTL and all we stopped is to provide RTL styles for it.

At this moment we are working on finalizing T3v3 for Joomla 3.0 and Joomla 2.5, upgrading our 2.5 templates for 3.0, upgrading all extensions for Joomla 3.0 support. We have lots of 1.5 templates pending for upgrades, we have to decide about them also.

The only good news we have heard so far is this : http://anything-digital.com/blog/security-updates/how-upcoming-changes-may-affect-your-joomla-upgrade-schedule.html . That the 3.0 version is here to stay for long, instead of 6 months it would be for 12 months.

RTL support is not ended but suspended at this moment, a pretty hard decision to make but we are so tied up with work, we have to deliver what the majority of our users are waiting for. Again do not take this in a wrong way, its no discrimination.

Hope you understand our position too.

Regards

Arvind
    Operations, JoomlArt

iraqtech Friend

Thanks for the clarification
    This means that after my subscription as developer for one month I will not be able to provide my Arabic customers with any of JoomlArt’s new products from now on and for about 11 months of the rest of my subscription time.
    Thank you very much for the great support.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iraqtech 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum