Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Please note* This fix is for the xenia II shopping template only, but the links below should be able to help you fix the problem in the template you are using.

There have been many questions regarding the question of how to make Ja-News not show up on every page when the read more link is clicked. Well, here is the long awaited solution to make Ja-News go away when it is not wanted.

Contrary to popular belief, this is not a bug of Ja-News, but rather has to do with the way Joomla processes unique URL id’s. The change was implimented in version 1.0.12, and will continue into version 1.5.

Although there is a core hack to fix the problem (in version 1.0.12 anyway) The following fix does not hack the core, but rather adds an IF statement to the index.php to make Ja-News only show on the front page.

Anyway enough technobabel here’s the fix.

Open index.php in your template folder.

On line 283 serach for;

<?php if ( mosCountModules('ja-news') ) { ?>

And change it to;

<?php if (( mosCountModules('ja-news'))&& ($option == 'com_frontpage' )) { ?>

If you want to read more about this problem/fix Click Here
    And more Here

Thanks to swemmel who originally posted the link above, which got me interested in trying to find a fix for this.

ncrc Friend

My God, I’ve been looking for this everywhere! Thank you!

TomC Moderator

<em>@ncrc 19133 wrote:</em><blockquote>My God, I’ve been looking for this everywhere! Thank you!</blockquote>

Be sure to give instantlaw a shout-out ( and vote) here -> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/member-of-the-month-july-2007-vote-now/

😎

instantinlaw Friend

ncrc;19133My God, I’ve been looking for this everywhere! Thank you!

I know, so have lot of other people, but few seem to have noticed this thread. Good luck with it.
    Thanks Tom. 😀

ncrc Friend

That deserved a vote. :p

instantinlaw Friend

Hey thanks ncrc. 😀

mordecai Friend

instantinlaw, you rock.

thanks! : )

instantinlaw Friend

Thanks mordecai,
    Good luck with your site. 🙂

ShannonN Friend

mordecai;20037instantinlaw, you rock.

thanks! : )

Don’t forget Bill, when the poll opens for member of the month if he has been his helpful self
    he has my vote

sizex Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 18880 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please note*

Open index.php in your template folder.

On line 283 serach for;

<?php if ( mosCountModules('ja-news') ) { ?>

And change it to;

<?php if (( mosCountModules('ja-news'))&& ($option == 'com_frontpage' )) { ?>

If you want to read more about this problem/fix Click Here
    And more Here

</blockquote>
    I am using the ja_quillaja template…and I followed your directions but alas 🙁 it is still showing up when you click the links…but more than that if you should try and leave a comment using aka comment it refreshes before you have a chance making it pretty much unusable. I have no idea what I am doing…or if I am doing it wrong. Is someone able to assist me. I would be very appreciative if I could get some assistance with this….
    thanks in advance
    Becky

instantinlaw Friend

sizex;20819I am using the ja_quillaja template…and I followed your directions but alas 🙁 it is still showing up when you click the links…but more than that if you should try and leave a comment using aka comment it refreshes before you have a chance making it pretty much unusable. I have no idea what I am doing…or if I am doing it wrong. Is someone able to assist me. I would be very appreciative if I could get some assistance with this….
    thanks in advance
    Becky

I don’t know about aka comment, but you also have to make sure that you have the parameters set to front page only as well in the JA-News module.

brothers Friend

Worked like a charm. Thanks!!!!

instantinlaw Friend

You’re welcome. 🙂

dpk Friend

The JA News module packaged with Xenia currently instructs you to make the following template modification–a substitution for <?php mosMainBody(); ?>:

<?php
    global $mainframe, $option;
    $m_menu = $mainframe->get( "menu" );
    $m_params = new mosParameters( $m_menu->params );

$m_intro = $m_params->def( "intro", 4 );
    $m_leading = $m_params->def( "leading", 1 );
    if ( $option != "com_frontpage" || $m_intro || $m_leading) {
    ?>
    <?php mosMainBody(); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if ( mosCountModules("ja-news") ) { ?>
    <div id="ja-newswrap">
    <?php mosLoadModules ( "ja-news", -2 ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

I would suggest/remind you to also add the solution posted here to restrict JA News to appearing on the font page only.

fsakbas Friend

<em>@ncrc 19133 wrote:</em><blockquote>My God, I’ve been looking for this everywhere! Thank you!</blockquote>

thanks a lot but…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  klazebaas 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum