Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

Searched everywhere but didn’t find an answer.

I suddenly noticed the JA Facebook Like Box module and the JA Facebook Activity Module went totally blank on our website.

check this website:
    http://www.degroenenhoek.be

A few days ago everything went fine, the modules worked as normal.
    Nobody did change anything on it but today i noticed they are not working anymore.

Any idea how this can work again?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi kmxorbit,

Did you try to take a BACKUP of your site and update these modules to the latest version?

flying_scot Friend

Hmmm…just happened to me too. Except…the module displays correctly in Chrome and IE. Does not appear in Firefox. Can’t figure it out for the life of me. I’ve been updating the site this week to make sure all mods are up to date. I’m on Joomla 2.5.16, PHP 5.4

Saguaros Moderator

Hi flying_scot,

Yeah, please try to update to latest version and if problem persists, you can send me your FB page ID, I will check in my end

flying_scot Friend

Okay…to sum up one day the Facebook like box stopped appearing on my site. It was after a bunch of work updating extensions and plugins. I’ve spent hours on this. The key to solving it was I looked the site up on my wife’s macbook and the Facebook module was working fine. I realized then that it was my firefox on my pc not the module. To test this theory I started Firefox in safe mode and presto…Facebook box was working fine. So…I then went through all of my addons starting with disabling the plugins one at a time. No luck there so I started disabling my extensions. Voila…hit paydirt on the second extension I disabled. The culprit was AVG Safeguard Toolbar v17.3.0.49. With it disabled everything works fine.

Note to self…always check my site in Firefox safe mode to determine if it is the site or my computer…**** that would have saved me a lot of time had I done that first.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flying_scot 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum