Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Under EU law coming into force in the UK on 26th May, I need to help a client post a request to accept cookies when visited.

I’ve found what seems a great Java script that will work across the various Joomla versions, but need some help in understanding how to place it in the Joomlart T3 framework.

The script can be found here http://cookiesdirective.com/

My client is using Joomla 1.5 (yes I know its going obsolete)

Joomlart Template Droid for 1.5

Any help in positioning the script would be great 🙂

Saguaros Moderator

Greetings stuaforr,
    They advise that you should place that code before the closing </body> tag. If so, you need to edit a file but not in JAT3 plugin
    Firstly, you need go to this directory:

templatesyour_default_template (here is ja_droid)
    and create a new folder named ‘page
    Then you copy this file:

pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaultpagedefault.php
    copy it to the new ‘page‘ folder you created above.
    The new file will take precedence over the one in the plugin and when you update T3 plugin, it won’t be affected.
    Open this default.php file which you’ve copied and add script before </body> tag.

Hope this helps.

thefc_uk Friend

Hi Hien

Brilliant and many thanks for your help 🙂

If you would like to see it in action we have added to one of our client development sites – click here

Thanks again
    Stuart

Saguaros Moderator

You’re welcome.

I saw it, looks great 😀

Cheers!

micawber Friend

<em>@Saguaros 315678 wrote:</em><blockquote>You’re welcome.

I saw it, looks great 😀

Cheers!</blockquote>
    How would this work on a non T3 template eg Teline II ?
    Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi micawber,

With non T3 template like Teline II (I suppose that you are also using Joomla! 1.5), it has ‘index.php‘ file instead of ‘default.php’ file like T3 template. So you can try to add script in this ‘index.php‘ file in dir: templatesja_teline_ii (ja_teline_ii is your default template name)

Regards.

micawber Friend

<em>@Saguaros 322646 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi micawber,

With non T3 template like Teline II (I suppose that you are also using Joomla! 1.5), it has ‘index.php‘ file instead of ‘default.php’ file like T3 template. So you can try to add script in this ‘index.php‘ file in dir: templatesja_teline_ii (ja_teline_ii is your default template name)

Regards.</blockquote>
    Thanks for that – it works!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  micawber 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum