Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi @all,

first to say , this is exactly what I need for a new site, but in my installation (joomla 1.52 quickstart installation) if have a little bug in the Hot Topic Module. I have text over the pics? (Sorry for my bad english:(( )

Please see the attachment.

Thanx for your time and please give me an idea to solve this problem.

1. error_template
    Hung Dinh Friend

Have you tried to change anything after the installation? Please give us your URL

Jascha Friend

Hi,

yes (after this problem) I have played around the text colour, the module positions and all those parameters but the effekt will be allways the same.

Sherlock Friend

I think you changed some parameters in Hot Topic module.
    Plz pm me an account, so i will config help you

Jascha Friend

Hi nguoiabcd,

thanks for quick reply. But, first let me say, I play around with some changes in the Hot Topic Module after I see this problems. The problem is shown dirctly after a completely fresh installation. The module parameter changes, could`nt solve this problem. I think I have test all changes you can do . The effect is always the same only with other text colour, ore diffrent size of module or images and so on. But the text overlaping in the module is always the same. I have unpublished some shown articles, after this it shows some other article text over the images….

alexHOKAMP Friend

We have exactly the same problem. Fresh Installation from Quickstart and same problem JASCHA has.

Our TestSite

Sherlock Friend

HI jascha.
    I returned default value in Hot Topic module.
    Now you must edit in mod_ja_catslwi.php(modulesmod_ja_catslwi)
    Open that file, you will see this line(~line 6):

JHTML::stylesheet( "ja_catslwi.css","/modules/mod_ja_catslwi/mod_ja_catslwi/");
    Replace by :

echo '<link type="text/css" href="/modules/mod_ja_catslwi/mod_ja_catslwi/ja_catslwi.css" rel="stylesheet">';
    Plz try early and reply me your result.

Jascha Friend

Hi nguoiabcd,

thanks for great support, this code has fixed the problem!!!!

alexHOKAMP Friend

Thank you NGUOIABCD, works like a charm. Have a look

darylba Friend

Hi,

I had the same problem on two different servers using PHP 4 on one and PHP 5 on the other. This bit of code change fixed both.

For anyone who is not aware, Joomla 1.52 has a database bug, a problem that has been fixed with the release of 1.53. The 1.52 version caused me to have problems with Weblinks and Newsfeeds, it produced a blank page with a database error. This version may also cause problems with the new Teline 2 template since it uses Joomla 1.52 for the quick install.

Regards

mariovfx Friend

how to take off “Ads by Joomla!” on JA_Teline_II

omegareal Friend

Hi,
    I tried that code change, but it did not help. I am using Joomla 1.53 and followed the UserGuide instructions to set up the Spotlight module.

My problem: when the page loads, the whole gray panel is covering the center of the image, and all the text is visible at the bottom of the image. Nothing happens on rollover.

Any ideas?

ktraz01 Friend

I have the same problem. I made a few adjustments and the text stopped appearing. I have found the file you mentioned above but it is a bit different

JHTML::stylesheet(”,modJaSLWI::getFile(‘ja_catslwi.css’,’modules/mod_ja_catslwi/mod_ja_catslwi/’,’templates/’.$mainframe->getTemplate().’/css/’))

According to your note above, I am supposed to replace above with:

echo ‘<link type=”text/css” href=”/modules/mod_ja_catslwi/mod_ja_catslwi/ja_catslwi.css” rel=”stylesheet”>

Is this correct? Please advise

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  ktraz01 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum