Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

How to implement the Magazine style Drop cap ?

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi Hoggard,

Drop cap style is formatted this way:

<span class="dropcap">D</span>rop cap

SHoggard Friend

Ok…. but how do I implement it automatically in each article?

brandon12 Friend

I love drop cap.

For those of you have not tried this, it’s easy and looks good. The style is pre-built in my template Pollux and possibly yours too.

Go to any article you have and switch to text editor. Let’s say the first letter is D as in the word Diamond. Replace D with <span class=”dropcap”>D</span>

i.e.
    Diamond in the rough Joomlart is finally starting to get it’s overdue recognition as a great template developer.

<span class=”dropcap”>D</span>iamond in the rough Joomlart is finally starting to get it’s overdue recognition as a great template developer.

Drop Cap’s pretty cool and easy if you haven’t tried, just follow above instructions.

brandon12 Friend

<span class=”dropcap”>D</span>rop cap

is how I’m using Dropcap.

Has anybody got it to work in Firefox this or another way?

for me, dropcap effect shows in Internet Explorer/Windoze XP, but dropcap effect does not show in Firefox/Windoze XP. Firefox version 1.5.08. In FF/XP, the text appears normal (as if there were no tags around it).

It’s cool if Dropcap only works in IE/XP and not Firefox.

I’m just checking maybe if it’s something I am doing wrong.

Thanks

imported_johnsta Friend

Works in FF for me — using latest version.

brandon12 Friend

Upgraded to FF 2 still no drop cap effect. Windows XP Media Edition. No probs. It is good to hear drop cap works on somebody else’s Firefox. Hopefully reason was just my machine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  brandon12 17 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum