Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I would like to disable the IE6 “Out of Date” warning that pops up at the top of the screen.
    Where can I do this? I don’t see it in the plugin or module sections.

Thanks

prakash Friend

hi,

that has been coded into the template…if you see any layout > template>jateline3>layouts
    choose any layout> default, default 1 or 1colum
    if you go to the bottom of the page…
    you see the like if IE6…. that addeds the code.

The IE6 file which it adds from the code and which writes the actual look which you see in IE6 is this file

> template>jateline3>layouts>blocks>ie6>ie6warning.php

I do not have IE6 so what you can do is from the ie6warning.php remove the entire div and see if it solves your problem…
    thanks

crazyleggs Friend

Thanks prbalge,
    Removing the code within the <Div> removes the IE Warning, but the space that it occupied remains. I have also tried removing code under the layout > default layouts folder with the same results.

This is a huge intrusion on the user, and there should be a better way of enabling or disabling this without having to fish through code. There are plugins available that will allow the simple activation or deactivation of this feature. Why not incorporate one of these plugins into this template instead of forcing this feature on us.

Still searching for an answer…

scotty Friend

Just remove the…

<?php if ($this->isIE6()) : ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('ie6/ie6warning') ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

…fron the botom of the layout files, default.php, etc.

mj1256 Friend

question

why would you remove it, the template not only does not work in IE6, but most extensions will crash also

crazyleggs Friend

Scotty,

I have already tried that. Although it does remove the warning, it leaves a blank space where the warning use to be, instead of pulling the header up to the top of the page.

mj1256: This popup is too intrusive in my opinion. The first thing new users using IE 6 will see is what appears to be a pop, and will discourage them from using my site. I could understand if this happens only once, and any re-visits, it doesn’t happen, but it happens each time a IE6 user visits the site. Its a distraction and it discourages users from using the site. I’m not in the habit of dictating to regular users (users just using the site without providing input) what browser they should be using to view my site. However, once you become a member of the site, and submit content, I will tell you what browsers are best to achieve a optimum experience.

Also, so far, I have been testing this with IE6, and aside from not having the ability to browse down to the bottom of the member popup, everything works well.

You have to keep in mind, a large number of users continue to use IE6 http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
    You can’t just dismiss these numbers.

scotty Friend

css/ie.css

delete line 30… *html #ja-wrapper { margin-top: 205px; }

santoshalom Friend

thanks for the tip mr scotty

kibangkok Friend

<em>@scotty 145267 wrote:</em><blockquote>css/ie.css

delete line 30… *html #ja-wrapper { margin-top: 205px; }</blockquote>
    thank you very much Schott. you make me very happy of this solution:p

lovebenidorm Friend

Having a nightmare with this warning popup. I have a line appearing across the header in ie8, not sute if in any other ie version, I use a mac and have to go to a friends house to check it :(.

can someone have a look and maybe even send me a screen shot in ie6 ans ie7. πŸ™‚

website is http://www.lovebenidorm.com.

Regards

John

prakash Friend

Hi

The line goes down in all browsers not only IE. The only thing is that in IE it goes down half way to the logo while in FF it goes all the way down to just above the menu.

This problem is occurring because you have added a
    <div class=”bannergroup”>

I think rather than creating your own module position u can use the ja-search module position

That would bring the banner down and solve your problem

<em>@lovebenidorm 145379 wrote:</em><blockquote>Having a nightmare with this warning popup. I have a line appearing across the header in ie8, not sute if in any other ie version, I use a mac and have to go to a friends house to check it :(.

can someone have a look and maybe even send me a screen shot in ie6 ans ie7. πŸ™‚

Regards

John</blockquote>

crazyleggs Friend

beautiful, works like a charm. Thanks

brunotedeschi Friend

<em>@scotty 145212 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just remove the…

<?php if ($this->isIE6()) : ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('ie6/ie6warning') ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

…fron the botom of the layout files, default.php, etc.</blockquote>

Could you be more specific about exactly which files to remove this code from?
    Thanks.

didima Friend

<em>@lovebenidorm 145379 wrote:</em><blockquote>Having a nightmare with this warning popup. I have a line appearing across the header in ie8, not sute if in any other ie version, I use a mac and have to go to a friends house to check it :(.

Regards

John</blockquote>

l did look at your site before and looks perfect with ie7 πŸ˜‰

d2dpcs Friend

I’ve removed the ie6 popup, but my mod_janewsticker and mod_jamegamenu are not displaying properly at the top of my site in IE. Everything looks fine in FF and Chrome. My demo site is http://www.mymetamora.com. Does someone have an idea of what they may be conflicting with?

Thanks ahead of time,
    Eric

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  crazyleggs 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum