Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I want to assign certain colors to certain pages. Like a 100 page site with 20 red, 20 green, 20 cyan, 20 default and 20 black pages. Anybody know if possible how?

dadario Friend

Hi Barbara

I see no one seems to have a good answer for you.
    Well I’ve been conciddering this as well. The way I wanted to have this was that the mainmenu items had different colors as well. So that if you’d click on a red menu item, the page would be displayed in red. I think that this is not possible.
    An option would be for you to install the template as many times as the number of colors you want to have ( you’d have to edit the zip file so that Joomla won’t start complaining that you’re installing an already installed template). Give each template the (default) color you want.
    Via the template manager you can assign each template to the pages you want. I know this is far from ideal, but maybe an option for you…

Success

brandon12 Friend

> mainmenu items had different colors as well. So that if you’d click on a red menu item, the page would be displayed in red.
    cool and creative idea

>install the template as many times as the number of colors you want to have ( you’d have to edit the zip file so that Joomla won’t start complaining that you’re installing an already installed template)
    considered it and indeed I was discouraged by that very error message. i am actually building this for somebody else and will run the whole 5 color theme idea by her. if she likes it, i may inquire as to how to edit the zip file, if it’s not too much work 😉

thanks

i hope this forum gets active like this where we all help each other out

but schrew the inevitable people who will expect answers handed to them on a silver platter in two seconds

but yeah real joomla folks let’s use this forum more cause joomlart is really on top of their game we all know this!

thanks again

stevek2 Friend

Barbara,

This does work. Here’s what I did.

Copy the ja_zibal template directory.
    rename it perhaps ja_zibal_red
    edit the new “red” template index.php file to point to /ja_zibal_red . about lines 38 & 39 & line 16
    edit the default color to ‘red’ – NOT Default. – discussed later.
    turn off user option about line 31 – set to ” 1: disable color ”
    edt the ja_transmenu.php to the new path – about line 5
    edt the ja_cssmenu.php to the new path – about line 5

edit the new templateDetails.xml file – line 3 – to new name – perhaps “template red” so you can find it in the menu

Go to your original template index.php file and set the color. i.e. ‘cyan’. ; set user option to 1 disable color.

For some reason, I had trouble when color was set to default. It might have been due to caching. MAKE SURE YOU CLEAR YOUR CACHE!

Then go to admin and assign the red template to the pages you want to have red and the other template to the other color.

CLEAR YOUR CACHE!

IMPORTANT – You should turn off the color selection options in your template index.php files. When the users change colors you will have problems due to caching.

this worked for me – no promises though. Good luck.

acijanos Friend

I suggest JA makes this post a sticky for the Zibal forum – there are at least 5 other posts asking some variation of :

” how do I set a color in Zibal to a certain category / section?”

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  acijanos 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum