Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi all !
    I have converted layout of Kulanite 1.5 from 2 colums layout ( body + right ) to 3 columns layout (left + body + right ) . I modified 3 files :
    1. index.php file in templates/ja_kulanite folder.
    2. template.css file in templates/ja)kulanite/css folder .
    3. ja_vars_1.5.php file in templates/ja_kulanite folder.

Please download patch package and overwrite to your templates to convert to 3 columns layout.

bonevier Friend

Can you please do this for Joomla 1.0x?

Thanks!

Sherlock Friend
    eastline Friend

This works fine however I’m having 2 issues:

1- The layout is not expandable/collapsible: I want some pages with only 2 columns and others with 3. When there’s only 2 columns, the middle column doesn’t take the entire width.
    2- The background hilite image “h3-bg-hilite.gif” is cut from the right side in both narrow columns.

Anybody else having these problems. See attached pics.

Thanks

1. 2col
    2. 3col
    Sherlock Friend

Hi eastline !
    Please redownload , i have updated it !

eastline Friend

thanks hainn

iamdbat Friend

This is not working for me – in the template manager it still only says main body + column and column + mainbody

Also can I get an idea of where the new module positions are? – like advert 1 etc

iamdbat Friend

Ok – looks like its working now – might have had something to do with the cache – looks good

iamdbat Friend

Title labels are clipped on the righthand side of the modules

See ‘Catalogue’ on http://www.spareparts.ie

iamdbat Friend

Also – When I add an extra module the Title is not showing

iamdbat Friend

OK for now I’m shifting back to the original template – which is a pity because I rather like the three column layout – just too many bugs – but thanks anyway for the developement – I really do hope you refine it

Sherlock Friend

Hi iamdbat !
    i have viewed your site, it seems there isn’t active module in home page. Please check again in admin , you must make sure that , they are publshed and assign to display in Home page.

iamdbat Friend

Oh – thankyou – reinstalled the original template so thats probably why you could’nt see what I was talking about

The issues I found were as follows
    The module title labels were cut off or clipped on the right hand side on both sides of the template and also
    if you added another module to either the right or left hand side of the template the module title labeles didn’t show

inseal Friend

Hello!
    THank you for your option. i’ve patched in the new files but it doesn’t seem to work. It doesn’t appear in the templete’s paramaters and it doesn’t show either in the browser. What am I supoosed to do? Thank you for kind response. V

instantinlaw Friend

Thanks hainn84!
    With a little more tweaking It will be perfect.:cool:
    I’m supprised nobody else has thanked you for making thier lives easier.;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum