Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Thank you for the upgrade.

I have a complex system with Teline V1. I have merged all the css and js into master.css and master.js file along with all other modules. I have also cleaned up typo.css and added cdn image redirect for images in the master.css. These helped my site (T3 V1) to load under 2.5 s in a shared environment with 30 user stress test. Now, I would love to upgrade to V2 as it is one step closer to 1.6 of Joomla!

So, it is not easy for me to upgrade just like a template install. If I understood correctly, I just have to install the new T3 plugin and manully compare files in the templates folder to upgrade it? Is it that simple?

What is the difference this updated version will bring to my frontend? I do not want fancy options to choose font or its color. If this only compresses the css and js for fast site loading, my site already do that. Pls help me. 🙂

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Sadesh,

It has been clearly stated in the announcement, that there is no migration or upgrade path between the two Teline versions, which are based on two entirely different frameworks.

I am really sorry, we would not be able to help on this.

We recommend, making a clone of your site, installing the Teline III V2 template and upgrade all the complimentary extensions, the settings be matched with your old site for each module / plugin re-installed.
    Not only the template code is modified, all the associated extensions have also been updated to work on the framework 2. So, there are bright chances that old modules/ plugin may not give the desired result.

<blockquote>What is the difference this updated version will bring to my frontend? I do not want fancy options to choose font or its color. If this only compresses the css and js for fast site loading, my site already do that. Pls help me</blockquote>

Only minor design difference is there, which is about the layout options and color options. To upgrade or not is your choice, Teline III V1 (the one you are using) is still active and we support all the bug fixes for that. So nothing to worry about and its not a recommended upgrade or migration.
    <blockquote>
    manully compare files in the templates folder to upgrade it? Is it that simple? </blockquote>
    It wont work that way, T3 Framework 2 major functions are controlled by the plugin, and only the design elements are in the template. So that future updates to the template will be easy, one would need to upgrade the plugin only, very rarely it would be required to reinstall template.

I know, my answer is of little help to you and i equallly understand how painful it is to undertake such tasks. Looking at the benefits, its worth it.

You may even wait for Teline IV, which you may end up liking more than this…

Regards

Arvind

sadesh Friend

thank you Arvind. May be, I will wait for Teline 4..It might be worth the upgrade.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Thanks Sadesh,

We are hoping to release Teline IV somewhere in November, however it would be an beta release. As teline series has been very complex ones.

Hope, by December Teline IV should be stable and ready for production sites.

Though, plans may change for november release, incase teline IV is to take more time. This is just an estimate.

Regards

Arvind

filmlover7 Friend

<em>@drarvindc 199625 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Sadesh,

It has been clearly stated in the announcement, that there is no migration or upgrade path between the two Teline versions, which are based on two entirely different frameworks.

I am really sorry, we would not be able to help on this.

We recommend, making a clone of your site, installing the Teline III V2 template and upgrade all the complimentary extensions, the settings be matched with your old site for each module / plugin re-installed.
    Not only the template code is modified, all the associated extensions have also been updated to work on the framework 2. So, there are bright chances that old modules/ plugin may not give the desired result.

Only minor design difference is there, which is about the layout options and color options. To upgrade or not is your choice, Teline III V1 (the one you are using) is still active and we support all the bug fixes for that. So nothing to worry about and its not a recommended upgrade or migration.

It wont work that way, T3 Framework 2 major functions are controlled by the plugin, and only the design elements are in the template. So that future updates to the template will be easy, one would need to upgrade the plugin only, very rarely it would be required to reinstall template.

I know, my answer is of little help to you and i equallly understand how painful it is to undertake such tasks. Looking at the benefits, its worth it.

You may even wait for Teline IV, which you may end up liking more than this…

Regards

Arvind</blockquote>

Dear Arvind,
    Thank you for all your fine work with joomla and JArts.
    I am asking about changing my Tiii v1 site to v2.
    1. Can we use the same articles and will they be formatted?
    In other words, will the articles automatically appear in the v2 version — just as they would if I applied a different Template?

2. Would my formatting remain in tact… in this case I have made articles be in a two column format after an introductory paragraph that is full width.

3. Could you please look at my site: http://www.reflectionson.us/j2
    to tell me if you think it is a good idea to change to v2? Given a quick assessment, do you think it would be very difficult to make the change?

Thank you for your time and passion for clean code and web beauty!
    Cheers,
    🙂

filmlover7 Friend

Arvind,
    There seem to be many problems with Tiii v2. WHERE IS THE GUIDE? THE SUPPORT?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  filmlover7 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum