Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi

Altho JA Business has apparently been upgraded to J!2.5 there are fatal errors in at least 2 modules in the template download

using J! 2.5.1 and JA Bus download as per 1st march

[04-Mar-2012 10:12:12] PHP Fatal error: Class 'JModel' not found in /home/development/www/jabusiness/www/modules/mod_jatoppanel/helper.php on line 17
    [04-Mar-2012 10:34:51] PHP Fatal error: Class 'JModel' not found in /home/development/www/jabusiness/www/modules/mod_jasidenews/helper.php on line 16

adding this

jimport('joomla.application.component.model');
    in the relevant helper.php files fixes the issue, but thats not the point

I havent checked any other modules, I got bored at this point

gustele Friend

I have no problem with JA_business 2.5 on Joomla 2.5.1 with JA_toppanel. I enabled the toppanel at the home page in the quickstart installation of this template and the top panel is working fine.

For a quick demo I also enabled the toppanel on my online test site and used the information from the quickstart to populate it:
    http://curacaounderwater.com/test17/
    The site is on Joomla 2.5.0 with the 2.5 version of the JA_business template.

Regards, John

bule Friend

Hi John

thanks for reply
    you are correct in that it works with quickstart

however it doesnt work when I install the template and selected modules – the fatal error is thrown

I guess that in the quickstart package JModel must be loaded elsewhere and accessible to ja_toppanel
    I notice that ja_slideshow does include the jimport call to load JModel – so maybe that is the problem/solution

other stuff for the record:
    this is a clean localhost install, running on php 5.3.8
    jat3 is installed
    everything else appears to work fine.
    other non JA modules work ok

gustele Friend

Hi

I did a clean local install of Joomla 2.5.1 with the custom data and then installed the JA_Business 2.5 template and the JAT3-plugin. I also installed the Jatoppanel module (nothing else), published it, gave it position toppanel and enabled it for the home page. Although I don’t have put anything in it it works as it should. No fatal error. PHP version 5.3.8.
    Also the site that I mentioned in my previous reply is not based on quickstart but is an existing site migrated from Joomla 1.5 through 1.7 to 2.5.

Did you try to uninstall the template and reinstall it?

Regards, John

bule Friend

yep I’d already tried a reinstall.
    but I just tried again and sure enough it works now!
    who knows why… template is in dev mode and anything looks like a server or browser cache is off – so go figure?

altho it works toppanel displays horribly! It doesnt collapse completely but instead hangs down about 25pixels over header area.
    I dunno if its because there’s lots of competing css toppanel stuff
    eg there appears to be 2 css files providing 3 versions of ja-toppanel-wraper background
    its declared in templates/js_business/css/mod_jatoppanel.css
    and twice in modules./mod_ja_toppanel/assets/style.css

lots of dupes in templates/js_business/css/template.css too

anyway no prob… I took path of least resistance and found another solution to layout 😉

fwiw I still see the same JModel 500 serv error with ja_sidenews

thanks very much for your help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bule 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum