Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello people at Joomlart:

I’ve been playing around with Bellatrix, it’s a great design.

My question/wish is:
    I would like to have JA Spica’s automatic color changer on Bellatrix, that is, template color would change according to which menu item you would click.

It this possible, let’s say, with the Bellatrix’s transmenu option?

Thanks in advance.

noblecode Friend

think what you would have to do is have multiple template installs….using different names, etc so it always the install….then set the template(color theme) to the appropriate pages in the template manager…

Khanh Le Moderator

You could use only one template by changing in template index.php file.
    Find this code:

include ($ja_template_absolute_path."/ja_templatetools.php");

Insert following code below that line:

$ja_color = $ja_color_themes[getCurrentMenuIndex() % count($ja_color_themes)];

noblecode Friend

thanks for that code…but have question

how exactly to you select the color for the specific menu…sorry but just dont understand thanks

congeladosemcasa Friend

This one I know:

Look into your index.php at the Bellatrix template folder. Around line 21, you’ll find the following code:

$ja_color_themes = array(‘default’, ‘brick’, ‘green’);

The first item in your main menu will pick the “default” color, the 2nd item will pick the “brick” color, the 3rd… you get the picture. The 4th item will pick the “default” color onde more and so forth.

You can change the position of the color themes in the array to make them “synchro” with the desired item on your main menu. I haven’t tryed it, but I suppose you can also repeat the color themes on the array, like this: array(‘default’, ‘default’, ‘brick’, ‘green’, ‘brick’).

Of course you can add you own color themes. Copy the CSS files the css/colors folder, rename it to the desired color and edit it. Don’t forget to do the same with the graphics.

Hope this helps.

noblecode Friend

adding this works perfect….thanks

$ja_color = $ja_color_themes[getCurrentMenuIndex() % count($ja_color_themes)];

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  noblecode 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum