Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

The issue is that “Last Update” data at the top differs from the date shown on the newest article.

I’ve created an alternative getLastUpdate function to fix the issue (file ja.template.helper.php)

[php]
    # Get time of last updated article Hacked by Gray
    function getLastUpdate(){
    $db = &JFactory::getDBO();
    $query = ‘SELECT created FROM #__content a ORDER BY created DESC LIMIT 1’;
    $db->setQuery($query);
    $data = $db->loadObject();

if( $data->created ){
    $user =& JFactory::getUser();
    if ($user) {
    $offset = $user->getParam(‘timezone’);
    } else {
    $offset = NULL;
    }
    $format = ‘%d.%m.%Y %H:%M’;
    return JHTML::_(‘date’, $data->created, $format, $offset);
    } else {
    return ”; // emtpy string
    }
    }
    [/php]

ithacaindy Friend

<em>@gray 160685 wrote:</em><blockquote>The issue is that “Last Update” data at the top differs from the date shown on the newest article.

I’ve created an alternative getLastUpdate function to fix the issue (file ja.template.helper.php)

</blockquote>

Do I create this file – and where do I save it?

gray Friend

This function already exists in file
    file templatesja_teline_iiilibsja.template.helper.php

You should replace existing funtion with the new one (please keep back-ups of all files being modified!)

ithacaindy Friend

There’s a problem with the alternative function; a missplaced } somewhere. I restored the original file.

gray Friend

<em>@ithacaindy 162870 wrote:</em><blockquote>There’s a problem with the alternative function; a missplaced } somewhere. I restored the original file.</blockquote>

This function works on my site, and it does not have problems with missing or additional “}”
    You should replace the entire function getLastUpdate with the new code.

ithacaindy Friend

The new function doesn’t create any errors. However, the update time doesn’t match the last post’s time. Additionally, the time still says “GMT”; I’d like it to be my EST default, as set in global preferences.

gray Friend

<em>@ithacaindy 163054 wrote:</em><blockquote>The new function doesn’t create any errors. However, the update time doesn’t match the last post’s time. Additionally, the time still says “GMT”; I’d like it to be my EST default, as set in global preferences.</blockquote>

It uses Joomla’s function JHTML::_(‘date’, $data->created, $format, $offset) to return formatted date.

If last post time doesn’t match, see if correct time zone is set in Global Configurations.
    As regards ‘GMT’ it should not appear, as $format = ‘%d.%m.%Y %H:%M’ has no “GMT” attached.

ithacaindy Friend

The Global Configurations/Server/Locale Settings is set to UTC -05:00 (Eastern Time). The last update says “Last update: 09:00:01 AM GMT”.

gray Friend

Very strage.. The new function has $format = ‘%d.%m.%Y %H:%M’ (that is Dya.Month.Year Hour:Minutes) and no “GMT” string.
    Have you replaced the old funtion getLastUpdate in ja.template.helper.php with the new one?

hcardenas Friend

Thank you very much, Gray. it worked fine!!

tgtff Friend

This new code worked well for me – the correct date and time are now showing.

However what does have a problem with this format is when you schedule articles i.e. for the future. The last update actually appears as the future article date and time.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

many thanks

gray Friend

To tgtff

Time is selected by the code:
    [PHP] $query = ‘SELECT created FROM #__content a ORDER BY created DESC LIMIT 1’;[/PHP]

Do you put “Created” date in future?

jelgervisser Friend

Doesn’t work properly for me.

Offset is set +1 (i.e. Amsterdam). But the function ignores this. Last update shows 13.40. Should be 14.40.

I have replaced the whole old function. And the Global Configurations > Server > Locale Settings is set to UTC +01:00.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jelger

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@gray 160685 wrote:</em><blockquote>The issue is that “Last Update” data at the top differs from the date shown on the newest article.

[php]
    # Get time of last updated article Hacked by Gray
    $db->setQuery($query);

if( $data->created ){
    if ( $user ) {
    } else {
    $offset = NULL;
    }
    } else {
    }
    }
    [/php]</blockquote>

The above solution is to follow the user’s Timezone when user logins the site. I suggest some extra changes to follow both the System’s Time Zone and the user’s Timezone:
    a) change code:
    [PHP]

$db->setQuery($query);

if( $data->created ){
    if ( $user->getParam(‘timezone’) ) {
    } else {
    $conf =& JFactory::getConfig();
    $offset = $conf->get(‘config.offset’);
    }
    } else {
    }
    }
    [/PHP]

b) update system ‘s TimeZone: Go to Administrator => Site => Global Configuration and choose tab Server and then update the Time Zone in Locale Settings

gray Friend

tienhc, thanks for the updating!
    Could this hack be a part of Teline IV?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  firon 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum