Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I want to show the results of Advanced search in a page without modules (i.e in a page different to homepage).
    I known the joomla system checks the “ItemId” parameter inside a URI. I have to set the ItemId of a menu item without modules for to insert the parameter into the module, in this case into the Advanced search module. The problem in that I can’t find where insert it. The module parameters at right don’t show a field for to do it. I send a sreenshot.

1. Imagen-13
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi iluminada,

It should be the module settings inside: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/590/2126321649.png

iluminada Friend

Hi, this module is different, is a Advanced Search Module that is a default component and is no a common Search module. I had to index the content, activate the plugins and create the module in search position. I send you the screenshot of basic settings, where is not the ItemID field.

1. Imagen-14
    Saguaros Moderator

Yep, you’re right. This Advanced Search Module is different, only search module have parameter to input itemid while advanced search module does not. I think a good way is mentioned in: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/search-result-page-shows-home-modules/#post-460216. Please try with this.

iluminada Friend

Saguaros
    I posted in that forum, and I was read the answer. This answer is the same, there are not a text space for to insert the menu buttom ItemId. When the answer say “…choose its menu Type to be “Search”. After you searched, the results will be displayed on the “Search” Page”, is because I have to insert the itemId of the menu type in the Search module for the module can find this menu type. And, again, the advanced search module don’t have the space for to insert it.

Please excuse me if I can’t understand good.

And in another way, is possible to insert this ItemId in some php file? is posssible to insert manually in somewhere?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi iluminada,

You could try with override the smartsearch module / finder module for this template by:

– Copying file: modulesmod_findertmpldefault.php

To folder: templatesja_nex(your_default_template’s namehtmlmod_finder (create this folder)

– Open this default.php file in new place and replace this code:
    [PHP]<form id=”mod-finder-searchform” action=”<?php echo JRoute::_($route); ?>” method=”get”>
    <div class=”finder<?php echo $suffix; ?>”>
    <?php
    // Show the form fields.
    echo $output;
    ?>
    …………………………………………………………………
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php echo modFinderHelper::getGetFields($route); ?>
    </div>
    </form>[/PHP]
    With:
    [PHP]<form id=”mod-finder-searchform” action=”<?php echo JRoute::_($route); ?>” method=”get”>
    <div class=”finder<?php echo $suffix; ?>”>
    <?php
    // Show the form fields.
    echo $output;
    ?>
    …………………………………………………………………
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php echo modFinderHelper::getGetFields($route); ?>
    </div>
    <input type=”hidden” name=”Itemid” value=”2″ />
    </form>[/PHP]

Please try this way and let me know if this helps.

iluminada Friend

It turned! This is all I needed! Thanks you very very much..!

snmv Friend

I had the same problem with my Ja_mendozite template and that didn’t work in the template , but it did work on mod finder itself
    thank you very much

Saguaros Moderator

Glad it helps :laugh:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum