Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

First of all I really want to thank you for a such beautiful, useful and perfect design template.

The question is I want to add some new module position at the top of the frontpage and under the menu and user positions at the middle blocks not right or left, in fact i need it for puting advertising banners and also for using News GK3 Module that should be placed at middle page.

I tried to figure out with module design in Ja Purity II and I found all of the matters should be in layoutsblocks folders and in addition I read the module page ind docs.joomla but it seems a little bit different.

Moreover in this section of forum i didn’t find my answer, So It would be great if some help me and let me learn by some useful tips for putting some new module position in middle of page, particularly at middle top of frontpage

thank in advance for any attention.

brunus Friend

Hi

It’s quite easy.
    In your layout, for exemple left-main-right_square, there is several positions available but not activated. Just activate it in the file, exemple Ja_purityII/layouts/left-main-right_square.php :

$positions = array (
    'left1' =>'',
    'left2' =>'',
    'left-mass-top' =>'',
    'left-mass-bottom' =>'',
    'right1' =>'right',
    'right2' =>'',
    'right-mass-top' =>'',
    'right-mass-bottom' =>'',
    'content-mass-top' =>'top',
    'content-mass-bottom' =>'',
    'content-top' =>'content-top',
    'content-bottom' =>'content-bottom',
    'inset1' =>'left',
    'inset2' =>''
    );

As you can see in the exemple, I activated content-top (that’s what you are seeking for) and content-bottom.

To have it available in the Joomla! administrator, you also have to open the faile templateDetails.xml in the Ja-purity II root directory and to had those positions :

<positions>
    <position>hornav</position>
    <position>breadcrumbs</position>
    <position>search</position>
    <position>banner</position>
    <position>content-top</position>
    <position>content-bottom</position>
    <position>left</position>
    <position>right</position>
    <position>top</position>
    <position>user1</position>
    <position>user2</position>
    <position>user3</position>
    <position>user4</position>
    <position>user5</position>
    <position>user6</position>
    <position>user7</position>
    <position>user8</position>
    <position>user9</position>
    <position>user10</position>
    <position>user11</position>
    <position>footer</position>
    <position>footnav</position>
    <position>syndicate</position>
    <position>debug</position>
    <position>article-start</position>
    <position>article-end</position>
    <position>article-search</position>
    <position>article-featureprod</position>
    <position>google</position>
    </positions>

masoud Friend

Thank you so much, brunus

masoud Friend

I Have problem with that, I just want it to be in homepage (front page) no in detail (read more) part, do have any idea to seprate this pages positions?

brunus Friend

In Joomla! each module can be displayed or not in the pages initiated by the menus.
    For exemple, if your frontpage is displayed by “home” in the menu, and if you want to have your module displayed only there in content-top, open the module configuration and choose “select in the menu…” (something like that, my Joomla! is localised in French).

Like this, if your articles are published in section “news” and category “International”, you will surely have a menu to access this, named “news”. You module will not appear in the page displayed by the menu “news”, because it’s restricted to “home” menu entry.

That’s basic Joomla! things you know…I think you’d better to find a basic book on joomla! and to read it. 🙂

Please also, change your first post status to “answered”, like this other people will know there is an answer to your question in the thread.

Sincerely

masoud Friend

<em>@brunus 157041 wrote:</em><blockquote>In Joomla! each module can be displayed or not in the pages initiated by the menus.
    For exemple, if your frontpage is displayed by “home” in the menu, and if you want to have your module displayed only there in content-top, open the module configuration and choose “select in the menu…” (something like that, my Joomla! is localised in French).

Like this, if your articles are published in section “news” and category “International”, you will surely have a menu to access this, named “news”. You module will not appear in the page displayed by the menu “news”, because it’s restricted to “home” menu entry.

That’s basic Joomla! things you know…I think you’d better to find a basic book on joomla! and to read it. 🙂

Please also, change your first post status to “answered”, like this other people will know there is an answer to your question in the thread.

Sincerely</blockquote>

Thank you so much for everything that you mentioned, i already knew that i can show / visible a specific modules by menu but i don’t have menu for each category, because i think it’s not nessesary for my webite so if there is no other way i have to.
    anyway thank you for your time

brunus Friend

Ok, I have perhaps an idea but never tested it.

Try to create an invisible menu targeting to your categories. You publish this menu in an invisible position, for exemple, hornav is an available position in JA-Purity II but not activated. Then everything published in hornav is activated as module, but not displayed.

You will find hornav in the position list when you will create the module mainmenu. Then perhaps you will be able to affect you content-top menu only for the categories spoted by the mainmenu in hornav. You see ?

Sincerely.

thebagchi Friend

hi
    I added a Module Chrome.

How to i change the style from JA-Rounded to Outline?
    or
    I’m placing a SlideShow module at content-top but its left aligned.
    How to i make it center aligned?

i’m using left-main-right_rounded

urosh23 Friend

i’d like to add a module above users, and just below the menu. how do i do that?

using left-main-right_rounded

toymaker Friend

<em>@urosh23 179629 wrote:</em><blockquote>i’d like to add a module above users, and just below the menu. how do i do that?

using left-main-right_rounded</blockquote>
    Hi urosh23,
    Follow this post… here you will find an example of how to create a new/extra module div, position and style.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=179577#post179577

Let me know if you need further help.

Peace,
    Gabriel

jsrunder Friend

Hello…

This information you folks have posted has been a great help. I’ve got success due to your info.

This question may be related, so thought I’d carry it in this string.

I’d like to raise the main body up, snug to the main nav bar. I’ve changed the left column background color, and now there’s a space between the left column and the top nav bar.

Can this be done? Thanks so much in advance.

J

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jsrunder 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum