Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m using Joomla 1.5.3 Native, VirtueMart 1.1.0 stable and Xenia II for VirtueMart. The mod_cart gives me a problem:

When adding an item to the cart then the module shows 2 “view cart”-buttons. One shows the product and the other the cart.
    But, I want it to act as just as in the “quickstart-package” (with vm 1.1.0 beta 3 and j1.5.2) = one icon (view cart) and when clicking on the icon it should show the content of the cart.

Anyone knows how to accomplish this?:confused:
    kaj

Solution given by Scotty in thread http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13810&highlight=minicart.tpl.php&page=2

michaell Friend

Hi, can anyone send me some instruction how to use this template. There are a few download and not sure which to use. Can some one assist? I’m interested i the JA XENIA only.

thanks

racman Friend

Hi,

i have installed fresh quickstart xenia ii shopping edition… updated joomla to 1.5.3. Now I have 1.5.3 joomla and VM 1.1.0. There is a problem with add to cart button in featured products in frontpage and also in categories… there is no button.

Please check mi test site: http://rotal.3fin.si/ and see the problem. When I change to rhuk template it works fine. On virtuemart forum there are more people using xenia and have same problems. Can developers of this template check what is the problem.

Thanks, racman

kaj Friend

Hi,

Let me explain the problem a liitle bit more:

When using the ‘quickstart package with vm 1.1.0 beta 3 and j1.5.2 the mod_cart in position ‘your-cart’ works perfect – one icon is shown when something is added to the cart and when clicking on the icon you are taken to the cart.

When using vm 1.1.0 stable and j1.5.3 then the template behaves different. The mod_cart placed in ‘your-cart’ position shows two icons when something is added to the cart. When clicking on the first icon you are taken to the product and when clicking on the second you are taken to the cart.

This breaks the layout of the template and interferes with the tools-icons. Apparently is there a difference somewhere (vm 1.1.0 stable or j1.5.3). Anyone having the same behavior? Anyone knows how to solve this?
    Cheers,
    kaj

kaj Friend

Am I the only one using j1.5.3, vm 1.1.0 stable and xenia II or the only one experience the problem???
    Kaj

jimmiehendriks Friend

Hello Kaj,

No, you are not the only one. But because I have more trouble with this combination I asked for a new quickstart… that will com soon… But when is soon… it already takes a while since the VM stable is out, already a month ago

The current quicstart is not stable: so, my opinion, don’t use it.

The solution for the double “Your cart” for me:

replace the:
    components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/common/minicart.tpl.php with the old (not stable) one (± 897kb)

Good luck and still waiting for the Xenia VM stable,

Jimmie

Hmmm, I just see a new download…… added today

jimmiehendriks Friend

And strange,

After downloading and installing I see in the VM component:

Your VirtueMart version:
    VirtueMart 1.1.0 beta3
    25/01/2008 21:00 GMT

From the VM website:
    VirtueMart 1.1.0 stable
    Release Date: 2008-04-23

Can Joomlart deliver a quicstart with a STABLE VM?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jimmiehendriks 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum