Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,
    I want to add a module position under the main menu. I want to put a google adsense module in it. Can anyone direct me on how to add the new module position in this template? Thanks

TomC Moderator

A little searching around (on page two of this section) can get you far –> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-a-newdiv-position-in-j1-5/

😎

lehoai Friend

Tell me what version of joomla are you using?

marciello Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 46642 wrote:</em><blockquote>A little searching around (on page two of this section) can get you far –> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-a-newdiv-position-in-j1-5/

:cool:</blockquote>

I’ve searched around and found that thread but I don’t really understand it

marciello Friend

<em>@lehoai 46644 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tell me what version of joomla are you using?</blockquote>

I’m using joomla 1.5

TomC Moderator

<em>@marciello 46766 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve searched around and found that thread but I don’t really understand it</blockquote>
    Menalto’s response within the thread explains how to add positions within Joomla.
    There’s really no other way around it to accomplish what you want to accomplish.

My suggesion is to read Menalto’s post carefully – try to absorb it – and then experiment within your own template. I’m quite confident that, before you know it, you will figure it out and realize success.

Menalto Friend

Open the index.php and look for this:

<?php if ($hasSubnav) { ?>
    <div id="ja-subnav" class="clearfix">
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (1,1); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!-- END: MAIN NAVIGATION -->

Below there you can add a code that looks like this:

<?php if($this->countModules('adsense')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-adsense">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="adsense" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

And in the css file you can add this:

#ja-adsense {
    height: 80px; <-----CHANGE HEIGHT IF YOU NEED
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

lehoai Friend

I want to add more info for menalto here: To exactly you have to do this.
    1. Open index.php in templates folder. Search the code for menu like menalto said.
    2. Bellow the menu you add these code ( like menalto but i want to tell marciello is he can change the name of possion )
    <blockquote><?php if($this->countModules(“Your possition name here”)){?>
    <div id=”Your id css here”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”Your possition name here” />
    </div>
    <?php } ?></blockquote>

3. Now you have to add css for class you was define above like menalto

<blockquote>#(your id name above ){ height: 80px;
    <font color=”Red”><—–CHANGE HEIGHT IF YOU NEED</font>
    margin: 0 auto; }</blockquote>

4. You have open templatedetails.xml in templates folders. Search “positions” and you will see construction of xml.
    <blockquote>You add this like <position>Your position name</position> before the tag </positions></blockquote>

5. Last, you have to module manage and set possitions for you module to the new position which you had created.

Goodluck and remeber you can create a lot of position in your temp other the assence.

marciello Friend

Thanks Menalto, I’m getting the whole idea off making module position now. Thanks to others whom rely to this thread too.

marciello Friend

<em>@lehoai 46865 wrote:</em><blockquote>I want to add more info for menalto here: To exactly you have to do this.
    1. Open index.php in templates folder. Search the code for menu like menalto said.
    2. Bellow the menu you add these code ( like menalto but i want to tell marciello is he can change the name of possion )

3. Now you have to add css for class you was define above like menalto

4. You have open templatedetails.xml in templates folders. Search “positions” and you will see construction of xml.

5. Last, you have to module manage and set possitions for you module to the new position which you had created.

Goodluck and remeber you can create a lot of position in your temp other the assence.</blockquote>

Thanks lehoai,
    I’ve managed to understand what menalto have told before 😀

bpring Friend

I need to do this same thing, but in the 1.0x version. What is the procedure and code for adding/creating a new module below the main navigation bar?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bpring 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum