Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I would like an image/picture in the background on my site. Not one that covers the whole page, but one that is 1200 px wide.

I’ve tried to make this happened today, but with no luck. And I’m thinking I’d might be changing the wrong css file. I’m using the white profile.
    Shall I then change the css jaNorite/css/template.css OR jaNorite/themes/white-color/color.css? Or maybe even another one?

pavit Moderator

Hi

If you are using the light theme you should modify the color.css file inside the theme folder

example the light blue theme has:

.ja-home #ja-header {
    background-image: url("../images/header-bg.gif");
    }

body#bd {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #353535
    color: #353535
    }

knerten Friend

Ok, thanks! So I shall change the body#bd code if I want my image in the background?
    Do I need to change the ja-header as well?

pavit Moderator

<em>@knerten 383955 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok, thanks! So I shall change the body#bd code if I want my image in the background?
    Do I need to change the ja-header as well?</blockquote>

header is already using image as background so you should change the body#bd and add the image url there

knerten Friend

That is what I’ve tried to make work all day. In both the color.css and the template.css, but whit no luck. I’ve tried all sorts of urls. I’ve placed my background picture in every possible images folder I could find, but still doesn’t show. The picture is 1200px x 1458px big. Perhaps that is a problem. I have no idea.

Now the code looks like this:body#bd { background: url(…/kkn/templates/ja_norite/images/Karen/bakgrunn.jpg); } and I’ve tried …/images/Karen/bakgrunn.jpg without the path before.
    I guess there must be something wrong with the URL perhaps. But I can’t find out what.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks 🙂

pavit Moderator

Could you post a link to your page ? so i can check it

knerten Friend

Yes off course, I forgot :-[

Link: http://www.kkn.paydesign.no

The image I’d like have the top half white-colored and the bottom half floor image and it’s called bakgrunn.jpg. And is uploaded in every image folder I could find.

Thank you so much for your help!

pavit Moderator

Your url is wrong this is what i can see with firebug for the body#bd background

Please disable also the css optimization from template manager

knerten Friend

Ok. Thanks. I’ve set the optimization to NO under the general folder in Templates.

But how the url be wrong? Well, I’ll have to continue trying. Thanks for your help 🙂

knerten Friend

I made it! Thank you so much! 🙂
    I just once more tried another url and suddenly it worked. Thanks for all your help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  knerten 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum