Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We really enjoy using JA Builder for a wide variety of projects. It seems that most content management systems are moving towards page builders and we find it one of the fastest way to create flexible websites… However there are a few areas which we would like you to fix/improve…

1. Where is the Joomla ACL integration up to? We need to stop giving Super User access to all of our clients just so they can access the builder… Can we have an update on this?

2. Improve the integration with core Joomla content, particularly articles and category blog layouts. We often find we have to apply a lot of custom CSS to category blog pages, for things like max-width on article images, read more colour buttons, etc.

3. Ability to add Articles to via a widget, the same way we can add a modules and positions via a widget.

4. Add blocks for Search Bar, Social Media feeds and Google Maps. I know we can use Widget > Module > Select module… But it would be nice to just add these as blocks to a page.

5. An image/media manager would be good, but I appreciate that will take time to implement and a probably a longer term solution.Perhaps a quicker fix would be giving us the option to upload images through the builder to a custom location (e.g. "images/…") rather than just "media/…" by default. This would save us time from uploading the images via FTP and then referencing the image paths in the builder.

6. A ‘Page Library’ for all of the custom pages we have created across different projects. This would mean creating generic pages such as ‘About us’ and ‘Contact’ pages would be much faster. We know you already have your own page library for generic pages, which is good, we want you to keep this… But it would be good for us to quickly save and apply our pages from a page library, as oppose to exporting/importing pages. Then, perhaps further down the line, we could categorise our page library into projects, etc.

7. The ability to ‘assign’ blocks to specific pages – In particular assigning headers/footers to specific pages/menus.

8. We need a wider variety of header and footer blocks, to implement things like the top bar (from Uber), breadcrumbs in the footer, etc… At the moment we have been using the Spotlight blocks to create this, which is ok… But would be good to have more going forwards to keep our websites looking fresh and different.

9. Add some accessibility features for visitors (e.g. font size adjust, a screen reader, invert colours, etc).

10. PLEASE STOP overwriting the favicon.ico file with every single JA Builder update… Please fix this.

11. Drag and drop functionality when editing/moving blocks on a page.

12. Add a "Live Edit" button alongside JA Builder pages in the menu manager, or add a "Live Edit" button when editing the page menu item.

13. Change the "New Site" button in the backend to "New Page". I think this is from when the JA Builder project began and it was branded as a "Site builder", please update.

If we think of anything else we will add it to this thread.

Many thanks for your continued support.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @romolo,

Thanks for your sharing, it would be great for JA Builder with these features. I will share with dev crew also for further consideration and update.

Cheers!

romolo Friend

Hi @saguaros,

Ok cool… It would be great to see some of these features implemented.

Many thanks

romolo Friend

Hi,

We’re looking forward to the long overdue fixes/updates to JA Builder…

Here’s a few more suggestions:

1. Ability to batch export all pages.
    2. Apply global margins/padding to make blocks uniform.
    3. Apply global CSS for buttons (i.e. colours, border radius, etc).

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks for your suggestion, I will share with the team also.

norwise Friend

A drag and drop function for images with the possibility of resizing will be very much appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  norwise 6 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum