Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

In the download page of JA Teline IV there are 2 downloads for Joomla 2.5 & 3, with T3 or T3v2 Framework.

I noticed that the package of T3v2 Framework is not updated but T3 Framework is updated to the latest version of joomla and also other updated plugin files.

T3v2 Framework seems to be newer than T3.

So my question is which T3 download package should be preferred for the new install?
    and

when T3v2 is newer then why not its download package is updated to the latest rather created another download package with older T3 Framework to follow the updates?

TomC Moderator

If you are working with J3.x, then you are going to want to work with the T3V2 framework to take advantage of all of the latest “bells and whistles” – including utilizing the very useful “custom.css” option.

anupam_sam Friend

i am going to use joomla v3.3.3

Yes but the T3v2 download package is not getting any updates since 2013… and with older T3 download package is updated just till till month. so i cant use the latest Teline IV theme with the T3v2 Framework as its not updated.

and why so? that’s my question… why not the better T3v2 framework download package is getting the updates?

TomC Moderator

<em>@anupam_sam 442253 wrote:</em><blockquote>i am going to use joomla v3.3.3

Yes but the T3v2 download package is not getting any updates since 2013… and with older T3 download package is updated just till till month. so i cant use the latest Teline IV theme with the T3v2 Framework as its not updated.

and why so? that’s my question… why not the better T3v2 framework download package is getting the updates?</blockquote>

Is your J3.2 version of Teline IV not working as it should?

TomC Moderator

Also, you can review the responses within this thread —. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/update-ja_teline-iv-version-3-3-3/

anupam_sam Friend

i am doing a new install, so i would be using the latest version of all, joomla, teline IV theme and T3 Framework.

also why should i choose the one which is not getting any updates???

Why not updating T3 version too in the download package which you are updating?

Ninja Lead Moderator

@anupam_sam: Let me try to explain :

+ JA Teline IV template is available in both T3 framework versions: JA T3v2 (older) and T3 framework, you can get both from download link below

JA T3v2: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20381

T3 framework: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=510

but T3 framework is newer :

+ Both T3 versions support latest JOOMLA version but we recommend you to use latest T3 framework version because this version has many improvements and supports responsive layouts as well, see the detail here

+ About upgrading extensions you can use JA Extension Manager component to upgrade. But you need to check :
    <blockquote>Admin area->Component->JA Extension Manager</blockquote>
    and provide account for “JoomlArt Updater Service” (Click on edit link of JoomlArt Updater Service on JAEM, you will see the form to enter your account into)

fguyon Friend

Ok thanx for the explanations !
    So…
    I want to upgrade my website running through J! 3.4.3 but with the JA T3v2 Framework and the JA Teline IV for 3.2 (V 2.5.4) last updated on 12/20/2013 : all is nearly working fine at this time (excepted for example the popups of dpcalendar)
    I don’t mind to work hard to get this website migrated to the T3 Framework and JA Teline IV T3 for J3.4 (V 1.1.2) recently updated (I made so many customizations).
    My problem is the following : the positions don’t correspond or don’t exist anymore or I’m unable to retrieve them, especially user1, user2, user3, user4 : I began with those ones and perhaps some other are missing too (didn’t check).
    Is this the new look for this template and in that case I don’t try to migrate or is there a way to get the same modules positions ??
    I don’t know if my English has been clear enough but thanx you for an answer.
    Regards
    Fran?ois

PS : http://nordique-vallee-chamonix.org/

fguyon Friend

Ok thanx for the explanations !
    So…
    I want to upgrade my website running through J! 3.4.3 but with the JA T3v2 Framework and the JA Teline IV for 3.2 (V 2.5.4) last updated on 12/20/2013 : all is nearly working fine at this time (excepted for example the popups of dpcalendar)
    I don’t mind to work hard to get this website migrated to the T3 Framework and JA Teline IV T3 for J3.4 (V 1.1.2) recently updated (I made so many customizations).
    My problem is the following : the positions don’t correspond or don’t exist anymore or I’m unable to retrieve them, especially user1, user2, user3, user4 : I began with those ones and perhaps some other are missing too (didn’t check).
    Is this the new look for this template and in that case I don’t try to migrate or is there a way to get the same modules positions ??
    I don’t know if my English has been clear enough but thanx you for an answer.
    Regards
    Fran?ois

PS : http://nordique-vallee-chamonix.org/

Ninja Lead Moderator

@fguyon: Due to the interest of many users on implementing JA Teline IV with new T3 framework, so we have 2 different versions for this template.

Of course, there are big differences between the old JAT3 v2 framework and new T3: structure, style, positions,etc… so JA Teline IV – T3 framework will have the same look/design but the positions’ names are different.

You can find all positions in T3 framework and JA Teline IV from backend site

You will need to re-assign existing modules to corresponding position in new Teline IV.

If you want to add new position on that you can follow the userguide for reference here

Francisco Friend

Too bad there is no quickstart for J2.5 in T3. In order to implement in an existing 2.5 site I need the quickstart to refer to for positioning, module CSS settings, etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Francisco 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum