Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Fab template although I have a small problem. When changing the ‘welcome to JA Rave’ in Parameters System it does not chsnge the home page heading. The only change is to the browser tab. Is there something else I shouldbe doing?

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@moosehead 201685 wrote:</em><blockquote>Fab template although I have a small problem. When changing the ‘welcome to JA Rave’ in Parameters System it does not chsnge the home page heading. The only change is to the browser tab. Is there something else I shouldbe doing?</blockquote>

you open the file: templates/ja_rave_new/html/com_content/frontpage/default.php you will see the code
    [PHP]
    <span><span><?php echo JText::_(‘Welcome to JA Rave’) ?></span></span>
    [/PHP]

you make your text in here or add the traslation text into the global language file:

WELCOME TO JA RAVE=Welcom to JA Rave

moosehead Friend

Excellent, all done! Thanks for the quick reply, Moosehead. 😎

uzvezda Friend

Is it any trick to do it with language file? It doesn’t work with me.
    The default.php works but I prefere language, because I have more languages.

thanks

abalto Friend

This doesn’t work for me either. Where is the language file??

luna2207 Friend

I don’t find the map: templates/ja_rave_new
    I only have the map: templates/ja_rave

And the php code in the default.php-page is not: <span><span><?php echo JText::_(‘Welcome to JA Rave’) ?></span></span>
    but the php code is: <span><span><?php echo JText::_(‘HOME PAGE TITLE’) ?></span></span>

aman204 Friend

<em>@luna2207 212702 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t find the map: templates/ja_rave_new
    I only have the map: templates/ja_rave

And the php code in the default.php-page is not: <span><span><?php echo JText::_(‘Welcome to JA Rave’) ?></span></span>
    but the php code is: <span><span><?php echo JText::_(‘HOME PAGE TITLE’) ?></span></span></blockquote>

Hi luna2207,

The title words have been updated in latest template version but no worries, You can follow the suggestion by tienhc 🙂

Instead of ::

You can add ::

HOME PAGE TITLE=Welcome to JA rave

and update it accordingly

Also, Please ensure to clear your browser cache after making changes

alex_feng Friend

Where can I find the global language file?:((

aman204 Friend

<em>@alex_feng 213142 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where can I find the global language file?:((</blockquote>

The global language file is this::

language/en-GB/en-gb.ini

alex_feng Friend

<em>@aman204 212923 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi luna2207,

The title words have been updated in latest template version but no worries, You can follow the suggestion by tienhc 🙂

Instead of ::

You can add ::

HOME PAGE TITLE=Welcome to JA rave

and update it accordingly

Also, Please ensure to clear your browser cache after making changes</blockquote>

Thank you. aman204,
    Where Can I find the htem code “HOME PAGE TITLE=Welcome to JA Rave”? Actually I am trying to replace “Welcome to JA Rave” with “Welcome to xxx”.

alex_feng Friend

Never Mind. I went to ja_rave>html>com_content>front page>default.php and modified “PAGE TITLE” to “Welcome to XXX”. It works the way I want. Thanks.

accurate101 Friend

instead of Home Page Title found in :
    <span><span><?php echo JText::_(‘HOME PAGE TITLE’) ?></span></span>
    enter whatever you wish and save. That is all.
    I had the same problem as you. Could not find Welcome to JaRave in default.php

Update:
    I was a little late!

Sherlock Friend

<em>@accurate101 221428 wrote:</em><blockquote>instead of Home Page Title found in :
    <span><span><?php echo JText::_(‘HOME PAGE TITLE’) ?></span></span>
    enter whatever you wish and save. That is all.
    I had the same problem as you. Could not find Welcome to JaRave in default.php

Dear accurate101,

Update:
    I was a little late!</blockquote>
    If you could not solve the issue yourself just give us your admin account,the FTP Account via the ticket ORW-786-95666 and we are ready to provide assistance

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum