Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am developing a site on my local machine and I am trying to work out how to remove the option for front-end users to create a new account with the JA Login Module. The site doesn’t need to allow users to create accounts, however, I want the site owner to be able to log in in order to view options hidden from public users. Is there an easy way to simply remove the option from the module without causing major errors?

Thanks in advance.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

You can control that from Joomla settings, JA Login module allows registration only if Joomla permits new accounts to be created.
    I hope that helps.

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

Hi,

You can control that from Joomla settings, JA Login module allows registration only if Joomla permits new accounts to be created.
    I hope that helps.

Regards

Manos

dtsisdead Friend

Hi Manos,

Thanks for your reply. I have set Joomla Users to not accept new User Registrations,

however the option is still showing up on the site

If I click on the Create New Account link, the pop-up still appears and lets me create an account… 😮

Thanks again,

Dave (dtsisdead)

dtsisdead Friend

Hi Manos,

Thanks for your reply. I have set Joomla Users to not accept new User Registrations,

however the option is still showing up on the site

If I click on the Create New Account link, the pop-up still appears and lets me create an account… 😮

Thanks again,

Dave (dtsisdead)

Manos Moderator

Hi,
    Another option is to hide the link, I find it very weird though that even though you have registration to disabled the module has still access to the component.

Manos Moderator

Hi,
    Another option is to hide the link, I find it very weird though that even though you have registration to disabled the module has still access to the component.

dtsisdead Friend

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, how do I go about hiding the link?

Cheers,

Dave (dtsisdead)

dtsisdead Friend

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, how do I go about hiding the link?

Cheers,

Dave (dtsisdead)

Manos Moderator

Hi,
    Can you please post a link to your site with CSS and JS optimization to off so I can try to assist you.

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

Hi,
    Can you please post a link to your site with CSS and JS optimization to off so I can try to assist you.

Regards

Manos

dtsisdead Friend

Hi,

My site is on a local host on my Mac… I appreciate that makes life difficult for you… If it is going to be too difficult to hide the link, I will either leave it there, or use a different plugin/module instead. Really appreciate your help and the swiftness of your replies.

dtsisdead Friend

Hi,

My site is on a local host on my Mac… I appreciate that makes life difficult for you… If it is going to be too difficult to hide the link, I will either leave it there, or use a different plugin/module instead. Really appreciate your help and the swiftness of your replies.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

You can achieve what you need using a tool like firebug and find the class / element for that link and then add in your custom.css file
    .login {
    display:none;
    }

The red should be the class you will find.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

You can achieve what you need using a tool like firebug and find the class / element for that link and then add in your custom.css file
    .login {
    display:none;
    }

The red should be the class you will find.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum