Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

VirtueMart Guide

If your site has not VirtueMart yet, please follow these steps to install VirtueMart

Step 1: Download VirtueMart from VirtueMart website

Step 2: Install VirtueMart Component, VirtueMart Modules and others that you need
    To be similar to our demo, you must install

• mod_virtuemart_featureproduct module
    • mod_virtuemart_cart module
    • mod_virtuemart_currencies module

1. Virtuemart_featureproduct module:
    [position: vm-fp]
    on demo in JA Mesolite II, it looks like:

And parameter:

2. Virtuemart_cart module:
    [position: vm-cart]

On demo in JA Mesolite II, it looks like:

3. Virtuemart_currency module:
    [position: top]

On demo in JA Mesolite II, it looks like

Step 3: Go to Extension folder and extract ja_vm_themes.zip

Step 4: Upload extracted file to your Joomla_site_path. It is right now, if you see folder ja-mesolite in Joomla_site_path/components/com_virtuemart/themes/

Step 5: Go to Joomla! Admin>>Components>>VirtueMart>>Configuration>>Site: in Layout frame, choose ja-mesolite in dropdown list Select the theme for your shop

So, you have integrated VirtualMart in your site.

fotologica Friend

Hi, I can not find the module positions vm-fp and vm-cart in my dropdown menu. How do I get these modules in the correct position? Thanks in advance!

NEVERMIND, just found out myself I just had to type the correct position 😉

pinkfloyd Friend

I have set up featured products module as above and assigned to menu item for home page, module is enabled, products are on ‘special’ but does not show up on home page.

Can you help? Thanks

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Please provide an account login to the backend on your site. I’ll check this issue for you.

pinkfloyd Friend

How do you get featured products to display on the home page?

pinkfloyd Friend

<em>@pinkfloyd 216368 wrote:</em><blockquote>How do you get featured products to display on the home page?</blockquote>

Hi

Is there a contact option on this website – we are happy to pay for support to resolve this.

Phill Moderator

Simply create a featured products module, configure it and set it to display on your homepage only. If you are struggling to do this then drop me a PM with your admin logon details. Please include a link you your admin panel and a link to this thread in your PM.

sashkatt Friend

Can someone please provide links to the modules that are needed to complete this template? Also are the modules free or do they cost?

Thank you

Never mind – I worked it out :/

Phill Moderator

The modules mentioned in this post are part of the normal virtuemart download package available here – http://virtuemart.net/downloads

Alternatively install the quickstart and all the modules will be installed and setup for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum