Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, is it possible to use JA News module in templates other than Teline?
    I love the idea of having the news but I’m using Wistery template.
    Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Florsita

ShannonN Friend

florsita;14573Hi, is it possible to use JA News module in templates other than Teline?
    I love the idea of having the news but I’m using Wistery template.
    Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Florsita

Hi there
    It is possible but I know JA will be releasing a standalone version when the extensions club opens for business, it may be easier and wise to wait a while and just jion the extensions club and use it?

Cheers ShannonN

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Yes, you can use JA News in all templates.

florsita Friend

Thanks for the replies. I figured out how to use the news module with wistery template, it looks great and cycles through the news content, however, it doesn’t download any new news. i was under the assumption that it pulls news from the internet. Is that correct? If so, did I miss some configuration element?

Thanks a lot!
    Florsita

ShannonN Friend

florsita;14648Thanks for the replies. I figured out how to use the news module with wistery template, it looks great and cycles through the news content, however, it doesn’t download any new news. i was under the assumption that it pulls news from the internet. Is that correct? If so, did I miss some configuration element?

Thanks a lot!
    Florsita

no it pulls the news articles from the site articles it is not a news (rss reader) it just displays teh “news” articles

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hello, Ja-news is module that simply display your content in different way with Joomla default. If you want to show your news, you have to add content manualy. JA-News is not News Grabber 😀

morenoa Friend

Hi Florsita

You said you found out how to use ja news with another template. Can you share how you did it please? I’m trying to get it to work with a custom template and it doesn’t seen to be working. If you or anyone else can help, that would be great.

Thanks,

M

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  morenoa 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum