Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am pretty new to all this so any help would be greatly appreciated :). I need to change the background on my website from the boring grey color it is at the moment to something a bit more appealing. I know that to change the background I need to open up the /templates/ja_vauxite/css/template.css file and find “ja-containerwrap-c” and “ja-headerwrap” and change the css.
    What I wanted to do was make make a gradient image and use repeat x to make the background.

My question is: Would I need 2 seperate images for ja-containerwrap and ja-headerwrap and what size(s) would I need to make the gradient image(s)? i.e 1px by ?px
    Also, if I make a fixed size gradient image will it still look the same on different screen resolutions?
    Not really sure if I’m on the right track but hopefully someone can see where I’m coming and be able to help.
    Thanks

Site is: http://www.medimaging.co.uk

Trimud Friend

Hi,

it would be best if You remove the background from #ja-headerwrap and #ja-containerwrap-c and place the 1px wide gradient picture as background of body tag.
    Something like:

body {
    background: url(../images/gradient.gif) repeat-x 0 0;
    }

Val Kupstas Friend

If you are making the gradient image 1px wide or 100px wide does not matter, and in any height you want, then it will display the same among the different resolutions. As long as it set to repeat-x(repeat horizontal).

janwyl1 Friend

Thanks a lot both of you. Much appreciated. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  janwyl1 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum