Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I installed JA Social II using two methods. I installed it using the quickstart installation and I also installed the template, components, modules and plugins separately. I went through and configured each site and noticed a common error that I kept encountering while testing the user access levels.

On first login for any new user account created, or for users that have recently cleared the cache from their browser, the following error is encountered:

<blockquote>
    Error

You are not authorised to view this resource.
    </blockquote>

This error is only encountered on the first login on the front end of the website. The error does not appear for subsequent logins. If the user signs in and out after the first visit without clearing the browser cache, the error message doesn’t appear.

I thought this issue may have been caused by an ACL setting, but after reviewing the settings, everything looked good. I may be overlooking something, which is why I’m here. I need help figuring out why I keep getting these error messages on first login for all new user accounts.

Thanks,
    ntonline

<blockquote>System Information
    PHP Built On Linux serv01.siteground282.com 2.6.32.59-sg3 #9 SMP Wed Sep 26 03:29:25 CDT 2012 x86_64
    Database Version 5.5.44-37.3-log
    Database Collation utf8_general_ci
    PHP Version 5.3.29
    Web Server Apache
    WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
    Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.3 Stable [ Ember ] 2-July-2015 16:00 GMT
    Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/44.0.2403.155 Safari/537.36</blockquote>

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Please try switch to default Joomla! template and check if you have same error.
    Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ntonline Friend

<em>@jooservices 488080 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>
    @jooservices,

Thanks for helping out. I installed a default template and tested for the same error. I did not encounter the error. It seems I only encounter this error while working with the JA Social II template. Any other thoughts on what might be causing this error?

ntonline

ntonline Friend

<em>@jooservices 488080 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>
    @jooservices,

Thanks for helping out. I installed a default template and tested for the same error. I did not encounter the error. It seems I only encounter this error while working with the JA Social II template. Any other thoughts on what might be causing this error?

ntonline

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Please provide access and exactly reproduce steps.
    I’ll try to inspect it.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ntonline Friend

<em>@jooservices 488215 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    Please provide access and exactly reproduce steps.
    I’ll try to inspect it.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>
    @jooservices,

Administrator access to the website has been provided to Joomlart with the initial post in this thread. The URL was also included. Let me know if I need to send this to you in a PM.

To reproduce this issue, clear the cache in your browser then visit the site. Log into the front end of the website. As soon as you log in you will see the error message. If you log out and log back in, you will not see the error message unless you clear the cache in your browser again. Every time you clear the cache in your browser then sign in you see the error message on first login.

ntonline

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    For first time login. It’ll redirect to index.php
    But for second time it’ll redirect to profile page

Is it ?
    And for index.php error message will come.

Look like you have some configuration here.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ntonline Friend

<em>@jooservices 488217 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    For first time login. It’ll redirect to index.php
    But for second time it’ll redirect to profile page

Is it ?
    And for index.php error message will come.

Look like you have some configuration here.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>
    @jooservices,

On every login, including the first, it should take you to your profile page. The only time it doesn’t take you to your profile is on the first login. For some reason it gives the error message.

ntonline

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Yup got it. Most look like site config issue.

I’m checking.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Please provide your site FTP / CPanel access.
    I want install Joomla! default template for verification .

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ntonline Friend

@jooservices,

I’ll install it now at mikeperez.com/test

ntonline

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # Please provide CPanel access. I want to check into source code
    # In fact i’m strongly consider it’s Joomla! issue not JA . That’s why i need install Joomla! default template for checking.

And last thing: You are using outdate PHP. PHP 5.3 already EOL . Please consider upgrade to latest stable 5.6 .

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ntonline Friend

@jooservices ,

It has been installed at mikeperez.com/test. Use the same username and password to login on both front and backend.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    No lah ! I mean i need install Joomla! default template not meaning Joomla! default quickstart.
    I want to check your site with default Joomla! template to make sure have same issue or not. By this way we would know is JA or Joomla! issues.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum