Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

<em>@jdokuchitz 267934 wrote:</em><blockquote>i am new to joomla.just started working on first SEO project on joomla site.can any one help me how to cloak an url on joomla site?</blockquote>

Hi you can try to take a look here http://extensions.joomla.org/
    this site have plugin and extensions such as this http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structure-a-navigation/site-links/7231

pavit Moderator

I don’t know exactly, but i think it’s not a standard SEO technique

For standard i mean the most used and approved technique

mammam Friend

Sure cloaking is a kind of black hat SEO. Google will penaltize any website using black hat SEO.

jdokuchitz Friend

Thanks for that πŸ™‚

Really? will google penalize me πŸ™ hmmm…. I think I’ll do more research on it then.

yellowrain87 Friend

I think there’s a little misapprehension by mammam πŸ™‚
    URL cloaking is different from content cloaking. Of course, content cloaking is a black-hat SEO technique that is used to trick search engines by showing two different contents. The content that is shown to human visitors is an actual site while the content that search engine sees is completely different. The site that search engines see is full of spam, mostly keyword stuffing.

However sometime people use “meta refresh” to cloak their URLs and Google judge this as black-hat too πŸ™‚ It depends.

Manos Moderator

<em>@jdokuchitz 270756 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for that πŸ™‚

Really? will google penalize me πŸ™ hmmm…. I think I’ll do more research on it then.</blockquote>

Well… not only google i must say!

jneubauer Friend

@yellowrain87 – url cloaking is definitely a Black Hat trick – Google has stated this many times.
    Next time Matt Cutts does a youtube stream session, just ask him! πŸ™‚

jooservices Friend

@jdokuchitz
    Hi
    May i know why do you need to use any black method ? Why don’t try to improve your site content really good , only made by you ?
    Google will like it ( and more than that: visitor will like it ).
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

viewerpro Friend

<em>@jneubauer 271065 wrote:</em><blockquote>@yellowrain87 – url cloaking is definitely a Black Hat trick – Google has stated this many times.
    Next time Matt Cutts does a youtube stream session, just ask him! :)</blockquote>

Youtube will use more than.

sharrons Friend

I think the OP wants to shorten the ugly long URLs to meaningful URLs. In that case there are several SEO plugins you can use. Try searching at http://extensions.joomla.org/

And a very big NO for people thinking it is a black hat technique. SEO experts really do advise you to have keyword friendly URLs instead of long and ugly URLs. In case you have any backlinks to the old urls or if you find any keywords ranking on top of the SERPS you better implement a 301 redirect using the .htaccess file after you change the URLs.

regards,

michelsmith Friend

you should structure the urls subject to the visitor’s request. Taking into account things like the ip, date, time, http headers with the link you present to the visitor with some custom encoding can eliminate chances of abuse.

Another way is using some sort of handshaking between 2 servers that is completely transparent to visitors. For instance if instead of a link I use a form with a post method, then the servers can communicate first and finally redirect headers are issued to the visitor.

Disadvantages with these approaches is that both ends need to have the encoding/decoding methods deployed, something hard to do unless you are really popular or you’re the owner of both ends in some way.

deviana Friend

don’t do it, this backhat seo way

pattinson Friend

Some clocking codes are allowed and some not. If you clocking both for google spiders and users to then its fine but if you display 2 different result to users and google spiders then Google panelized your website.

elmanarah Friend

URL cloaking,doorway pages and keyword stuffing ideas are gone.You will surely get fastest results and than fastest downfall using these techniques.

alendonald Friend

Cloaking is a Balck Hat Seo. If you use its technique so google ban your website. So I suggest you Don’t use cloaking. You can improve your site rank by using fair work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  nidhivyas 8 years, 4 months ago.

The topic ‘URL Cloaking’ is closed to new replies.