Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I have just created a development server to migrate one of my client sites from Joomla 2.5.28 to Joomla 3.X.

I have successfully migrated it, however, I’m not able to get the upgraded JA_Business template to accept any of my customizations to modify the template again.

If you log in, you will see that the old ‘allamerican’ template is version 2.5.0 and that there is a new JA_Business version 2.5.5.

I have attempted to migrate my Css and image files into the new 2.5.5 version of /css/template.css and /images folder and I am not seeing it display. I can’t seem to get the site to refresh at all.

I’ve removed the settings to minimize, and link the files, I’ve cleared all caches and still I can’t get it the template to change to the ‘red’ theme or accept any of my changed css settings.

What can I do to migrate my “red” theme to the new 2.5.5 verison of JA_business?

Thank you, Susan Wolak

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>What can I do to migrate my “red” theme to the new 2.5.5 verison of JA_business?</blockquote>

Hi

You can do in this way

1) Export your customized theme from allamerican – Default template as zip file
    2) In your new 2.5.5 Ja Business template import the previous exported zip theme as new theme

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>What can I do to migrate my “red” theme to the new 2.5.5 verison of JA_business?</blockquote>

Hi

You can do in this way

2) In your new 2.5.5 Ja Business template import the previous exported zip theme as new theme

swolak Friend

<em>@pavit 475930 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

You can do in this way

2) In your new 2.5.5 Ja Business template import the previous exported zip theme as new theme</blockquote>

I have upgraded the site from 2.5.28 to 3.4.1 in place so the old ‘2.50 template’ is already in the 3.4.1 template directory for this website. I see both the new JA_Business template and the older customized 2.5.5 JA_Business template. When I tried to customize the new 3.x template, I could never get any of my changes to apply to the new site.

I do not understand why I would need to ‘export’ and ‘import’ this template if it is there already?

I am concerned that if I don’t start with the original 3.X fresh version of the Joomlart template JA_Business and bring my customizations over (and images, etc.) and apply them to this new template version, that the old version may not behave properly.

Seeing that I can’t get the new template to accept any of my changes, makes me think there is something going on with the template following the migration upgrade to 3.x.

Thanks, Susan

swolak Friend

<em>@pavit 475930 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

You can do in this way

2) In your new 2.5.5 Ja Business template import the previous exported zip theme as new theme</blockquote>

I have upgraded the site from 2.5.28 to 3.4.1 in place so the old ‘2.50 template’ is already in the 3.4.1 template directory for this website. I see both the new JA_Business template and the older customized 2.5.5 JA_Business template. When I tried to customize the new 3.x template, I could never get any of my changes to apply to the new site.

I do not understand why I would need to ‘export’ and ‘import’ this template if it is there already?

I am concerned that if I don’t start with the original 3.X fresh version of the Joomlart template JA_Business and bring my customizations over (and images, etc.) and apply them to this new template version, that the old version may not behave properly.

Seeing that I can’t get the new template to accept any of my changes, makes me think there is something going on with the template following the migration upgrade to 3.x.

Thanks, Susan

swolak Friend

Here is another reason, the main reason I needed to switch templates.

When I have the older JA_Business version 2.5.0 that I previously used on the 2.5 joomla site, now when I try to apply it to the migrated version of Joomla 3.X site, I get this error when I click on menu items.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JHtml::core() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXX/XXXXX/templates/allamerican/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php on line 18

Seeing that the site works pefectly fine with the JA_Business 2.5.5 version, I wanted to use the latest version of the JA template. But I am not able to bring my customizations over from the older 2.5.0 JA template.

Please help. Otherwise, I’ll have to start from scratch is my guess – pick a new template and try again to apply customizations.

Thanks, Susan

pavit Moderator

Hi
    <blockquote>
    Seeing that the site works pefectly fine with the JA_Business 2.5.5 version, I wanted to use the latest version of the JA template. But I am not able to bring my customizations over from the older 2.5.0 JA template.

Please help. Otherwise, I’ll have to start from scratch is my guess – pick a new template and try again to apply customizations.</blockquote>

I think that you can export your old template.css file and apply again what you modified in the new template.css

There is no other way to have modifications applied and updated in the new template.

pavit Moderator

Hi
    <blockquote>

Please help. Otherwise, I’ll have to start from scratch is my guess – pick a new template and try again to apply customizations.</blockquote>

I think that you can export your old template.css file and apply again what you modified in the new template.css

There is no other way to have modifications applied and updated in the new template.

swolak Friend

Hello Pavit,

So today, I zipped up the JA_Business template from the 2.5 site and installed it in the newly migrated 3.0 website.

When I apply the custom template to the 3.0 site, I continue to get my original error as follows:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JHtml::core() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXX/allam/templates/allamerican/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php on line 18

I can’t figure out how to fix this.

Please help. Thanks, Susan

swolak Friend

Hello Pavit,

So today, I zipped up the JA_Business template from the 2.5 site and installed it in the newly migrated 3.0 website.

When I apply the custom template to the 3.0 site, I continue to get my original error as follows:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JHtml::core() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXX/allam/templates/allamerican/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php on line 18

I can’t figure out how to fix this.

Please help. Thanks, Susan

pavit Moderator

Hi

Please take a look at this POST

pavit Moderator

Hi

Please take a look at this POST

swolak Friend

That example I did look at, however, it does not match my template code.

Below is the code that comes the closest.

[PHP]<?php if ($params->get(‘show_title’)) : ?>
    <h2 class=”contentheading”>
    <?php if ($params->get(‘link_titles’) && $params->get(‘access-view’)) : ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($this->item->slug, $this->item->catid)); ?>”>
    <?php echo $this->escape($this->item->title); ?></a>
    <?php else : ?>
    <?php echo $this->escape($this->item->title); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ($canEdit) : ?>
    <span class=”edit-icon”>
    <?php echo JHtml::_(‘icon.edit’, $this->item, $params); ?>
    </span>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </h2>[/PHP]

pavit Moderator

Hi

Then i should forward this to Joomlart developers so they can take a look at it

Please go to this url and submit a support ticket

Please do not change / disable login info provided into this thread.

swolak Friend

I had already changed that log on that I provided with the original post. They will have to reach out to me if then need access to my developer site.

Thanks, Susan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swolak 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum