Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I have a question about Hero Style 1. Is there a way to take off the auto size feature? I’m doing a build and want a much thinner Hero background image.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The bg image is also resized with property : background-size: auto 100%;
    You can find it in acm/hero/tmpl/style-6.php
    Here u can see this on front end > http://prntscr.com/c75as9

supa Friend

Hi
    The bg image is also resized with property : background-size: auto 100%;
    You can find it in acm/hero/tmpl/style-6.php
    Here u can see this on front end > http://prntscr.com/c75as9

I am using Hero style 1. Is the location the same?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    in the responsive views image is auto resized by the template style so it will adjust in all type of views , if you will add a fix width it affect responsive view .
    we used : 2560×1159 size pic in demo site
    You can post a screenshot and site URL and let me know the issue you facing in re size i will take a look on it .

supa Friend

Hi
    in the responsive views image is auto resized by the template style so it will adjust in all type of views , if you will add a fix width it affect responsive view .
    we used : 2560×1159 size pic in demo site
    You can post a screenshot and site URL and let me know the issue you facing in re size i will take a look on it .

The width is fine. My client does not want a full screen of the pic on her pc. I was thinking of changing the height of the module if possible…

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi

supa Friend

Hi

The current url is yourentattycom.ipower.com/main The client does not want a huge image filling up the screen. I think that perhaps keeping the width and maybe having half of the height (something like 2500×750) may work for them. I have attached a screenshot .

1. yourentscreenshot
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The image is not big , its using 1000×665 .
    Take a look here : http://prntscr.com/c8q3c1
    If you want to apply a fix width add below code in custom.css file

@media screen and (min-width: 992px) {
    #section-591 .acm-hero {
        max-width: 900px;
        margin: 0 auto;
    } }

Add your desired width in 900px .

supa Friend

Hi
    The image is not big , its using 1000×665 .
    Take a look here : http://prntscr.com/c8q3c1
    If you want to apply a fix width add below code in custom.css file

<pre class="prettyprint linenums:1 prettyprinted">

1. <span class="lit">@media <span class="pln">screen <span class="kwd">and <span class="pln"> <span class="pun">(<span class="pln">min<span class="pun">-<span class="pln">width<span class="pun">: <span class="pln"> <span class="lit">992px<span class="pun">) <span class="pln"> <span class="pun">{
    2. <span class="com">#section-591 .acm-hero {
    3. <span class="pln">max<span class="pun">-<span class="pln">width<span class="pun">: <span class="pln"> <span class="lit">900px<span class="pun">;
    4. <span class="pln">margin<span class="pun">: <span class="pln"> <span class="lit">0 <span class="pln"> <span class="kwd">auto<span class="pun">;
    5. <span class="pun">} <span class="pln"> <span class="pun">}

Add your desired width in 900px .

I realize that those are the original dimensions, I guess what i want to know is, can I still have the image to automatically resize, only less width.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you want to apply the width for all screen size use below code

#section-591 .acm-hero {
    width: 900px!important;
    }

mak sure , now it will not resize create issue in responsive views .
    Hope its clear now .

supa Friend

Hi
    If you want to apply the width for all screen size use below code

<pre class="prettyprint linenums:1 prettyprinted">

1. <span class="com">#section-591 .acm-hero {
    2. <span class="pln">width<span class="pun">: <span class="pln"> <span class="lit">900px<span class="pun">!<span class="pln">important<span class="pun">;
    3. <span class="pln">margin<span class="pun">: <span class="pln"> <span class="lit">0 <span class="pln"> <span class="kwd">auto<span class="pun">;
    4. <span class="pun">}

mak sure , now it will not resize create issue in responsive views .
    Hope its clear now .

I don’t know if i understand. You stated that the size of the demo image is 2560×1159. Why can’t the size be changed to say, 1800×750(made up random numbers) and the image still resizes in all responsive views. the issue I have is, I want the width to full…..but the height I need to be much thinner. Should there not be a place where i can just change the image display dimensions?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    please note the code is

#section-591 .acm-hero {
    width: 900px!important;
    }

Becuase the template is responsive the image will resize according to the parent container width and height . Its normal and i can change the behaviour . If you would like to add a min. width for it 
    use the first code i provided . and if you want to define a fix width use above code in this post .
    If you want to apply a fix height also use this code 

section-591 .acm-hero {

height: 500px!important;
    }

change the value as per needs .
    Hope its clear now .
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum