Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

What is it and where can I get it?

clampert Friend

Also, can you elaborate on this: “This module provides API integration with the Twitter microblogging service to drive traffic to your site. …”

How does the Twitter module drive traffic to the site? Did you mean it drives traffic to the Twitter user page?

clampert Friend

Clarifications on this please?

sandstorm871 Friend

I had the Twitter module working on a site, since upgrading to the latest version, my tweets are now showing up in the website.

I see I now need an API key, so I too would like some further help and instruction on how best to set this up.

Im setting it up on behalf of a client so don’t have there twitter login details.

Thanks,

Saguaros Moderator
    clampert Friend

I am still not able to see my twitter feed in the JA Twitter module. Maybe I didn’t register the application correctly. Can JA provide some clear steps on the settings required to obtain an API key?

For instance:
    – What type of access type does the module need: Read&Write or Read Only?
    – How about “Use Twitter for login”. Should the box be checked?
    – What should be used for Callback URL: the website homepage? Any other page where the module may reside?
    – What Application Name should be used when registering the module. Does that have to match the name of the JA Twitter module? Or something arbitrary?

I have no idea of the inner workings of the JA module… Please provide some pertinent assistance, don’t just conveniently direct us to some general scope link on Twitter’s site. I am sure there are other members here who have similar questions.

Saguaros Moderator

The Api key is used for rendering the follow me button only, Please follow this entry: http://blog.webwizo.com/2010/07/15/register-an-application-to-start-using-the-twitter-api/

clampert Friend

Thank you for that clarification, it makes sense now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  clampert 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum