Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I thought Id got round it by putting the buttons alongside the most relevant article on the featured layout page, but , when shared on facebook, the url then doesnt go to the whole page, only to that isolated article.

I need another method. How to share the featured layout pages to have relevant text, image and url. Our marketing dept kind of need to do it to share our courses on facebook, and also Twitter, which I havent tested yet. It seems to work fine with all the other layouts, as it takes the text from the top.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Facebook use the open graph tags to pick the extension.It seems you are using a plugin for the open graph meta tags, if it’s not working properly on your site, I suggest you check the extension documentation and contact the extension support for its working.
    You can check the page source code to see the Open graph tags are present on the page or not.

Regards

juliejo Friend

Yes but if I remove the extension, which clearly is incompatible with the featured layouts of JA Purity III, and just use open graph direct into the ‘custom code’, it then applies the same information throughout the whole site as it is implemented across all styles of the template. Yes this is better, but surely theres a way of sharing the page that somebody has done? Im a bit gutted as I chose JA Purity III especially because of these layouts, as we wanted those kind for our key masters course promotion, for which we want to target different audiences on social media for each card.
    I’ll add a general sharing text and image now, then contact the extension, plus try other extensions.
    But it would be great to work out how to do it, to share each different featured layout with different open graph tags for each.
    Heres a page Im trying to share: https://gse.cat.org.uk/index.php/postgraduate-courses/msc-sustainability-and-adaptation
    thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You may check it with extension provider to apply different open graph tags for different menu type. Or you can me custom work in the layout files of feature layout from template folder/ html/com_content/category folder. You can see all the category files in this folder.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum