Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When I browse through the site using the top transmenu, the menu item remains with the “active” color even after I’ve hit another menu item and gone on. And the new menu item that I have selected is not taking on the “active” color.

Also, I’ve assigned a module to the the top position to only appear on some menu items “pages”. However once it has appeared, it doesn’t go away when I move on to another menu link that does not have this module assugned to it.:confused:

Any help would be mich appreciated.

Aaron

Hieu Nguyen Admin

aaronhandfordHi,

When I browse through the site using the top transmenu, the menu item remains with the “active” color even after I’ve hit another menu item and gone on. And the new menu item that I have selected is not taking on the “active” color.

Also, I’ve assigned a module to the the top position to only appear on some menu items “pages”. However once it has appeared, it doesn’t go away when I move on to another menu link that does not have this module assugned to it.:confused:

Any help would be mich appreciated.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Please give me a link to your site! I must see something to figure out how to help you!

aaronhandford Friend
    bpmkostjens Friend

I have the exact same problem. When I create menu item “link — content item” then the menu option doesnt get highlighted.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

aaronhandford Friend

Hi again,

I’m hoping Joomlart can look into this soon because I have a deadline…..

Cheers,

A

itguy Friend

I’ve run into a similar problem in FIrefox with the active highlight not showing on submenu items or main level items and the fix was to enable SEO/SEF URLs in Joomla. Do you have SEO/SEF URLs enabled?

The odd thing in your case is only the Services and About Us pages are affected. The active highlight works fine for your other pages in both IE and Firefox. So the big question here is what is different about your Services and About Us pages? I assume they are static content pages. Are they the only static content pages on the site?

aaronhandford Friend

HI Joomlart,

I’m really hoping you can check this bug out because I need to finish the site and will have to switch to a different template if this strange behaviour is not corrected…

Aaron

aaronhandford Friend

itguy,

Thanks for the perspective!!

I’ll look at this and try enabling SEF….

itguy Friend

In case you need this, here are instructions that explain how to enable SEF URLs…

To enable SEF URLs you need to:

Be running on Apache.
    Make sure the mod_rewrite apache module is installed (it is a default on most installs).
    Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess in the Joomla root directory (might already be named .htaccess).
    Edit the .htaccess file and remove the coment char “#” from the following lines:

Options FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/dev/component/option,com) [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(content/|component/) index.php

In my situation I also had to add the following line to the .htaccess file to stop a Forbiden Access error:

# To allow execution of cgi scripts in these directory uncomment next two lines
    AddHandler cgi-script .bat .exe .pl .cgi
    Options +ExecCGI

-IT

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  itguy 17 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum