Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys, Newbie here.
    I am really trying hard, but after 4 days of trying and getting forward with babysteps, I finally getting to the point of giving up.
    I have managed to upload one template ‘Teline III’ (Teline IV is not working whatever I try, but III would work as well for us).

Now, the system, when I link my homepage to the Teline III template, I get the message: “The plugin JAT3 framework must be installed and enabled.”

I have downloaded the t3_framework_2_for_Joomla_2 folder and uploaded the file from the template file to the Extension manager.

But still getting the message.

I really do not know what to do anymore.

Please, please help.
    I am getting super frustrated, and I know once it works, it will probably be fabulous, but right now this is driving me nuts.

Thanks!
    Chris

swissa Friend

I know the feeling sometimes! 😉

As another relative newcomer, the first place I would look is in Extensions, Plugin Manager and check that the JAT3 Framework is actually enabled i.e. a green tick next to it.

Could be a first place to start?

chrisdodutch Friend

<em>@swissa 308907 wrote:</em><blockquote>I know the feeling sometimes! 😉

As another relative newcomer, the first place I would look is in Extensions, Plugin Manager and check that the JAT3 Framework is actually enabled i.e. a green tick next to it.

Could be a first place to start?</blockquote>

OOOOOH update… T3 Framework is working in the Plugin Manager… And yes, it is enabled.
    Hmmm…. Now nothing shows on my webpage.

swissa Friend

Well, if you are right at the beginning and just starting your site I can’t recommend enough using one of the quickstart packages (helped me no end). In installs with ‘test’ data there so it gives you a massive head start on where things go etc.

Here is a guide from Tom

http://www.joomlart.com/blog/tutorials/how-to-clone-the-demo-using-quickstart-installation-a-step-by-step-guide

It could save you lots of time – not to mention hair pulling! 😉

Just as an aside – you are looking for JA T3 System Plugin – not sure where you get ‘JAT3 template’? http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2089

chrisdodutch Friend

Right now the Joomlart support guys are coming to the rescue.
    I WILL use the step-by-step thing. hahaha
    Better get to know the program a bit better.
    The quickstart package… eh… See… No clue there. Everyone is talking about that.
    How do you access that?

(and believe me, I am not as stupid as I sound here. hihihi.. This program is just made in a different way than my brain works, I guess).

swissa Friend

Took me a while too! (Actually still does!)

If you want Teline 4 you can see it here http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-teline-iv – I would hope that you are going to use Joomla 2.5 as 1.5. dies in April 😮

You can download the 2.5 quickstart here – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20381 – make sure you only have the top ‘quickstart’ checked as it is all you need (13MB). Then follows Tom’s great guide and hopefully you’ve saved yourself lots of stress!

Good Luck!

chrisdodutch Friend

<em>@swissa 308918 wrote:</em><blockquote>Took me a while too! (Actually still does!)

If you want Teline 4 you can see it here http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-teline-iv – I would hope that you are going to use Joomla 2.5 as 1.5. dies in April 😮

You can download the 2.5 quickstart here – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20381 – make sure you only have the top ‘quickstart’ checked as it is all you need (13MB). Then follows Tom’s great guide and hopefully you’ve saved yourself lots of stress!

Good Luck!</blockquote>

Yes, at least I have that! hahaha (Joomla 2.5).
    I will follow the quickstart and the video. hahaha. Thanks so much for your help!!! Really appreciate it and knowing I am not the only one struggling. 😉 Thanks again!

Manos Moderator

Hi,

In order to use JAT3 templates you have to have JA T3 plugin installed and enabled.
    As you can see now your front page is working and you may start building your web site, an other think you can do is to use the quickstart package as swissa already gave you some links and delete everything you have installed so far and upload the quickstart and following Tom’s guide you can have you new website in minutes!

Please let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

Regards

chrisdodutch Friend

<em>@pascm 308920 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

In order to use JAT3 templates you have to have JA T3 plugin installed and enabled.
    As you can see now your front page is working and you may start building your web site, an other think you can do is to use the quickstart package as swissa already gave you some links and delete everything you have installed so far and upload the quickstart and following Tom’s guide you can have you new website in minutes!

Please let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

Regards</blockquote>

I noticed you fixed it. Thanks for that!!!
    Would i have to remove the template as well before using the quickstart package, or does that work with the template I installed?

Manos Moderator

The QuickStart package is only for a clean website, which means that you have to delete everything and clear your database also!
    Then you can upload and deploy the QuikStart package

chrisdodutch Friend

<em>@pascm 308928 wrote:</em><blockquote>The QuickStart package is only for a clean website, which means that you have to delete everything and clear your database also!
    Then you can upload and deploy the QuikStart package</blockquote>

Oookay.. so, I think I deleted most of my input in Joomla.
    Can I ‘just’ overwrite the whole shebang (all folders) through FTP?
    Will that bring me back to the start for the Quickstart to kick in?

Or is there a bit more to it?

Is there an easy way to make sure all my previous input is cleared?

swissa Friend

<em>@chrisdodutch 308931 wrote:</em><blockquote>Oookay.. so, I think I deleted most of my input in Joomla.
    Can I ‘just’ overwrite the whole shebang (all folders) through FTP?
    Will that bring me back to the start for the Quickstart to kick in?

Or is there a bit more to it?

Is there an easy way to make sure all my previous input is cleared?</blockquote>

Best not to overwrite it. Best to clean the directory completely – just highlight all the content in your ftp client and ‘delete?! Scary or what?! 😀

Then either upload the zip file and extract it with your plesk or cpanel (my preferred way but seems to scare Tom…) or extract it and then ftp all the files up to the folder. Then you just type in your web address in your browser and you’ll be back to the Joomla install screens. As pascm said – make a new database first so that you are clean for everything. You can delete the old db later if you want – just don’t delete the new one eh?! 😉

🙂

chrisdodutch Friend

<em>@swissa 308934 wrote:</em><blockquote>Best not to overwrite it. Best to clean the directory completely – just highlight all the content in your ftp client and ‘delete?! Scary or what?! 😀

Then either upload the zip file and extract it with your plesk or cpanel (my preferred way but seems to scare Tom…) or extract it and then ftp all the files up to the folder. Then you just type in your web address in your browser and you’ll be back to the Joomla install screens. As pascm said – make a new database first so that you are clean for everything. You can delete the old db later if you want – just don’t delete the new one eh?! 😉

:)</blockquote>

Aaaaahhhhhh…. That IS scary!!! hahaha. I vaguely thought about that… BUT: will that bring me right back to squire one, where I have no T3 file? hahahaha
    Oh man… whom ever said Joomla was easy… *&&%^$$$ (yeah…)

swissa Friend

T3 is already in there and trust me – it will work. That’s why it is a called ‘quickstart’ not ‘bash my head against a wall!’

I only started with Joomla in Nov and if I can do it, you can!

Oh and before you try to edit anything or start playing. :p

Do yourself a big favour (and learn from my and other’s mistakes) – download a product called Akeeba, install it and do a backup. And keep doing them. If you f*** anything up you can get your site back in minutes – not days- if you have a backup.

Have lots of fun now! :laugh:

(Good guys here on the forum so don’t worry!)

chrisdodutch Friend

<em>@swissa 308940 wrote:</em><blockquote>T3 is already in there and trust me – it will work. That’s why it is a called ‘quickstart’ not ‘bash my head against a wall!’

I only started with Joomla in Nov and if I can do it, you can!

Oh and before you try to edit anything or start playing. :p

Do yourself a big favour (and learn from my and other’s mistakes) – download a product called Akeeba, install it and do a backup. And keep doing them. If you f*** anything up you can get your site back in minutes – not days- if you have a backup.

Have lots of fun now! :laugh:

(Good guys here on the forum so don’t worry!)</blockquote>

Hahaha, I will do that!
    You make it fun again, my friend! I was indeed ready to either drown myself, or drown my computer. 😉
    Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!
    Your tips have been great!

I am going to start over, and I am sure it will be alright! haha

Chris :p (little confused, definitely overwhelmed, but very hopeful indeed)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  satrancokulu 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum