Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi I’m doing a clean install with Joomla! 2.5.18 and latest T3 (Ive even used the quick start) With nothing else installed!

but when I click the layout tab it says ” The layout cannot be loaded. There might be some errors in the layout file. “
    When I check firebug shows javascript running. and all the code i would expect to see on the page. ( I have other sites running fine but they are using joomla 3.)

Any help would be appreciated. I can PM login details.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi udezignit,

I just take a look at your site.
    It seems you have modified the template which does not contain T3 template layout standard.

For customization case, we try to assist as far as we can. Please consider to subscribe membership for better support.

udezignit Friend

Hi Thank you for the response, This is happening on a fresh build with both the blank and B3 blank templates un modified. Also with quickstart with all the different home 1 and home 2 templates

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi udezignit,

My apology, I made a mistake.
    Please check again the default index file.

You index page should target to /index.php and load the joomla website instead of your static page.

bmens Friend

I’m having the same problem – tried a fresh install etc.

Can you explain how to change what file the index page points to?

Saguaros Moderator

May I know which version of Joomla and PHP you’re using?

You can also PM me admin login info of your site so that I can take a look.

bmens Friend

Our PHP version is: 5.3.15
    Joomla! version is: Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable [ Ember ] 21-March-2015 20:30 GMT

See attached photo for more detail.

I’m afraid we’re in development so the site is hosted privately on a local server. One thing is that we are doing the upgrade under the sub-directory of the main website. Would this affect it?

1. joomla
    Saguaros Moderator

Try to switch to PHP version 5.4 or above and increase the PHP memory limit value.

The current PHP version on your local server is quite old.

Saguaros Moderator

Try to switch to PHP version 5.4 or above and increase the PHP memory limit value.

The current PHP version on your local server is quite old.

linkout Friend

I am having the exact same issue here. Fresh install. I just tried to changed the logo to text and it stops working. PHP version and memory size wouldn’t be the issue here, tho.

linkout Friend

Ah, I realized that the index page has to be index.php while I was debugging.

Saguaros Moderator

Did you get it solved now?

Saguaros Moderator

Did you get it solved now?

pierpang Friend

The only way i got it working is setting the index page as index.php by default. (In my case acting upon .htaccess file in the root directory).

pierpang Friend

The only way i got it working is setting the index page as index.php by default. (In my case acting upon .htaccess file in the root directory).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dinesankaprasery 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum