Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hey all

Many of you have only one IE browser installed on your machine and find it difficult when you want to test your website with different versions of IE.

Well, I’ve been using this tool for quite a while now and I think it will be very useful to everyone ranging from newbies to advanced programmers.

With this tool – you only need to install it and you can test your site under IE5.5, IE6, IE7 and IE8 (beta 2 – currently) regardless of the version of IE you’ve got installed on your machine.

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

Hope you find this useful!

reachthesky Friend

thanks, this is really appreciated 😀

too bad is still on alpha 🙁

anisjolly Friend

it’s still on alpha but it works a treat!

🙂

nefar Friend

Ahh — This is a very nice tool. I usually avoid checking in IE… Which has caused problems in the past. With this tool though will save a lot of time and I’m all about saving time 😉

wiery Friend

This is a very useful timesaver. It’s still in alpha stage a year later though.

jonmac1 Friend

Wow this is huge… IE is such a pain in the ass, this would certainly make things that little bit easier.

Another good timesaver with IE is to use a META tag which specifies the version of the IE engine you want it to use. All versions are backward compatible and ship with the old engines..

For example, the below tag makes IE 8 use the IE 7 engine, and means you dont have to worry about coding for IE 8:

<!– Mimic Internet Explorer 7
    <meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=EmulateIE7″ >–>

archangelmichael Friend

I did not know there is program that can do this.. All these days I’ve been using the Multibrowser Screenshots service on the internet. It’s time consuming…

Most of the design I use for my webs looks well on Firefox, Safari and Opera. Somehow, there is always some problem when I view it using IE. Kind of weird because IE made by Microsoft, it suppose to be better than other browsers.

<em>@jonmac1 160165 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    <!– Mimic Internet Explorer 7
    <meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=EmulateIE7″ >–>
    </blockquote>

This is great, I’ve searched the internet for solution to make sure the web will look the way it is in other versions besides the version that I had on my PC. However, I did not find anywhere for this code. It’s very useful. Thank you.

schmuckstueck Friend

Well nice. This is what we as enterprise were looking for a long time to make our sites viewable correctly in all IE versions.

I appreciate your post a lot!

jimmybev23 Friend

This is very useful start. Would be useful to have one tool that allows you see your site in versions of Firefox, Safari, Chrome ect…

websitedesign Friend

I do have to agree. This is a really fantastic tool. Although some of the Internet based website tools are very useful for cross browser testing, they have their limits as it often takes a while to load and I find that sometimes a clearing of cashe is needed to see the new results. Too bad java apps are not working though.

glassman96 Friend

Thanks for the link. I didn’t even know that there was a tool like this. Learn something new everyday.

vaalion Friend

<em>@anisjolly 109147 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey all

Many of you have only one IE browser installed on your machine and find it difficult when you want to test your website with different versions of IE.

Well, I’ve been using this tool for quite a while now and I think it will be very useful to everyone ranging from newbies to advanced programmers.

With this tool – you only need to install it and you can test your site under IE5.5, IE6, IE7 and IE8 (beta 2 – currently) regardless of the version of IE you’ve got installed on your machine.

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

Hope you find this useful!</blockquote>

Cool tool, hopefully eventually they add a way to also view it in firefox/google chrome just for convenience. I personally use firefox all the time…

cansay Friend

It crashes on my site 🙁

tiffany51 Friend

This is really cool,I won’t have to put a laptop and a PC on my desk now!Thx Buddy!

didima Friend

sound good, l will check all my sites now 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  gjnr7522 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum