Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’d like to make a template override to change the way the categogry blog is displayed on this site.

Normally I can use the joomla core-file (which is located here: components>com_content>views>categry>tmpl>blog.php) to copy and place it in the html folder of the template and rename it.

But whatever changes I make in that file, it doesn’t seem to work; there are no changes on the page. I even tried deleting the complete content of the file with the same result. I also did this with the core joomla file blog.php This probably means that the php file that creates the category blog is another file.

What I actually want to do is to display the child category-titles above the items they belong to These titles are now at the bottom of the page. Can anyone help me to make these changes?

I am using Purity iii 1.2.0 on a joomla 3.7.4 site

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by  skelp.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can override the layout in the template folder/html/category folder.
    Here is documentation helps you to override the layouts.

Regards

skelp Friend

Hi,

Thanks you, I copied and pasted the files blog.php and blog.xml from components/com_content/views/categry/tmpl to the template folder/html/category folder and renamed these files (not using undersores etc.)
    Now, where can I select this alternative layout in the backend? It is not visible, not in the (global) category layout and not when making a new menu item.

(p.s. I also saw that there is a tmpl folder in the template folder/html/category folder, I also placed the files there, with same results….)

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
    Liesbeth

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you want to override the category blog layout of Joomla in the template. you have to use the same name of the files in the /html/com_content/category folder.
    If you are looking for the new custom layouts, you can take a look on the template/html/com_content folder and see the new layout files are defined here.

But to get the override for category blog you have to use the same name for files that used in the Joomla.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum