Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Firstly I’m not a Joomla noob although I can still be making a simple mistake.

T3 plugin is enabled and purityiii is the default template, but it doesn’t show at all. Only white screen with some (not all) of my site’s text. Shows article name but not the article itself.

Not having this issue with other templates. What could be causing this problem?

Possible corrupt file/download? My total download size is 34.8mb for all 4 downloadable files.

Joomla 3.0.3

TomC Moderator

It’s possible there was an error during the download process . . . seeing as others seem to be installing/using the template just fine. Wipe the slate clean and try again – fresh start.

danskweb Friend

<em>@TomC 408281 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s possible there was an error during the download process . . . seeing as others seem to be installing/using the template just fine. Wipe the slate clean and try again – fresh start.</blockquote>

Thanks for the reply. I suspected the same thing since no one else seems to have that problem. Just thought I’d check and see if it was a new one or if I missed something in the set up.

I’ll try again this weekend.

phong nam Friend

@danskweb: Please take your time. It is recommended to perform our JA Purity iii quickstart installation with sample content, that make your site look like our template demo.

The reason we recommend JA member to do so is because when you just install the simple template package, you will need to do:

– Install and enable T3 plugin (You did).
    – Configure the template layout for selected menu item pages because we also defined the layouts (i.e Home) without component position to show the Joomla content. You can refer our detailed template documentation (work in progress) to know our default configuration in http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/purity-iii

Especially, pay attention to template and menu configurations.

danskweb Friend

<em>@Leo Burnetts 408534 wrote:</em><blockquote>@danskweb: Please take your time. It is recommended to perform our JA Purity iii quickstart installation with sample content, that make your site look like our template demo.

The reason we recommend JA member to do so is because when you just install the simple template package, you will need to do:

– Install and enable T3 plugin (You did).
    – Configure the template layout for selected menu item pages because we also defined the layouts (i.e Home) without component position to show the Joomla content. You can refer our detailed template documentation (work in progress) to know our default configuration in http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/purity-iii

Especially, pay attention to template and menu configurations.</blockquote>

Thanks for the suggestion. Last weekend I uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled, still have the white screen. Next time I’m home I’ll try the quickstart.

danskweb Friend

Just installed quickstart. No white screen, but it looks nothing like demo site. your link: >>> How to install and upload a JA Quickstart 3.x installation on a website domain

gives me a not a member message. I am a menber. Extremely frustrating. I’m ready to just buy an easier template from another source.

phong nam Friend

Hi danskweb,

It is fine. Here is the detailed content of my tutorial. You can try to follow the steps and perform your quickstart again:

—————————————————————-

It was over 10 months since the first stable version of Joomla 3.x came to existence with new features comparing to its LTS version Joomla 2.5.x (security improvements, responsive with Twitter Bootstrap integration, tags support on J3.1.x …) and nearly same period of time since Joomlart released the first Joomla 3.x quickstart package of our JA Templates which, as you know, allow you to have a new Joomla website look like our template demo basing on the demo sample data of the contents and extension’s settings; The rising requests on how to install these Joomla 3.x quickstarts on the remote server, have still been coming to us from JA members, especially the Joomla 3 newcomers.

In this tutorial, I intend not to guide you to upload and install the quickstart directly on your remote server because I know you, guys sometimes can get stuck in installation failure in case, the quickstart can’t extract the sample content into available database or the not configuration.php file existing.

On other hands, we will go around a little bit by extracting the quickstart on our localhost firstly, then moving all installed files and database to the remote server’s storage. Not to be shown off, but this method always ensures the success to 98% requests of our Joomlart quickstart installation service.

A. Working on the localhost
    1. The first and most important step is downloading the exact Joomla 3.x quickstart version of our template, that you want to get installing.

2. You need to install and activate a simulated web server which allows the Joomla website to run on the localhost. My favorite choice is Xampp – is a free and open source cross-platform web server solution stack package.

3. Create an installation folder (i.e ja_telineiv) in the xampphtdocs on your hard disk and extract the quickstart package into this new folder.

4. Using a browser to create a database for new Joomla installation in localhost phpMyadmin.

5. Start to install the quickstart by entering the selected folder path (i.e localhost/ja_telineiv/) on the address bar of browser.

At this step, you guys can see how beautiful the installation interface of Joomla 3.x is, I love it. Well, fulfilling the required info is only thing you need to do, please pay attention to my marked arrows. Make sure that you did note all admin infos or can remember them.

6. Compressing all installed files of folder into a .zip file to be uploaded to remote server.

7. Coming back to phpMyadmin to export the installed sample data into a .sql file.

Let have a coffee or even beer to make sure that you are perky enough to follow the rest steps !!!

B. Uploading the files and sample data to remote server.

1. In this step, it will be easier for you to upload the installed website quickly if you have the Cpanel account on hand. If you don’t know what Cpanel is, read here and make a call to the hosting provider!!! Just joking. You can check this: http://docs.joomla.org/Using_an_FTP_client_to_upload_files

2. Upload and extract the compressed .zip into the root folder of your website domain.

3. Go to phpMyadmin of remote server and import the exported data into the selected database.

4. Back to the root folder and edit the configuration.php with the new info of host, database name that you already imported the data into.

That is all ! Enjoy the new Joomla 3.x quickstart !

Note: This is just a sample method on installing a Joomla 3.x quickstart on a website domain, i know many JA members, you guys know exactly how to handle this prerequisite task on various amazing methods. All your comments and shared notes/tips are welcome here. Thank you !

danskweb Friend

Thank you so much!!! I finally have it installed and looking like the demo. 😀

Please disregard my pm to you requesting help.

phong nam Friend

You’r welcome, danskweb !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum