Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

How (and where) do I add the definition to force “Main Body One Side Bar Left”? This is not a choice within T3.

Thank you in advance.

// positions configuration
    $mastcol = 'mast-col';
    $sidebar1 = 'sidebar-1';
    $sidebar2 = 'sidebar-2';

$mastcol = $this->countModules($mastcol) ? $mastcol : false;
    $sidebar1 = $this->countModules($sidebar1) ? $sidebar1 : false;
    $sidebar2 = $this->countModules($sidebar2) ? $sidebar2 : false;

if ($sidebar1 && $sidebar2) {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/two-sidebar-left', array('sidebar1' => $sidebar1, 'sidebar2' => $sidebar2, 'mastcol' => $mastcol));
    } elseif ($mastcol && ($sidebar1 || $sidebar2)) {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/one-sidebar-left-with-mastcol', array('sidebar' => $sidebar1 ? $sidebar1 : $sidebar2, 'mastcol' => $mastcol));
    } elseif ($sidebar1 || $sidebar2) {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/one-sidebar-left', array('sidebar' => $sidebar1 ? $sidebar1 : $sidebar2));
    } else {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/no-sidebar');
    }

Scott Lavelle Friend

If I understand the question, it is based on you having a few things set.

1. In the template manager, in the Position & Responsive Configuration dropdown, you have selected the default-content-right
    2. You have some module(s) assigned to sidebar-1
    3. You have NO modules assigned to sidebar-2

This combination will cause that section of code to be called because you are specifying that the content is to the right of the sidebars (so you have a sidebar left) and you only have one sidebar that contains any modules.

It’s a little odd, but I think that describes it. Does that help? Does it answer your question?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Scott Lavelle Friend

If I understand the question, it is based on you having a few things set.

1. In the template manager, in the Position & Responsive Configuration dropdown, you have selected the default-content-right
    2. You have some module(s) assigned to sidebar-1
    3. You have NO modules assigned to sidebar-2

This combination will cause that section of code to be called because you are specifying that the content is to the right of the sidebars (so you have a sidebar left) and you only have one sidebar that contains any modules.

It’s a little odd, but I think that describes it. Does that help? Does it answer your question?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

arthurjohnston Friend

Thank you, I appreciate the response. I did have a module assigned to sidebar-2.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Lavelle 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum