Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’m using T3 Bs3 Blank template 2.2.4 with T3 Framework 2.6.3. I upgraded on localhost to Joomla 3.7. The pages are rendered but with some errors in "pluginssystemt3includescoreminify.php" on lines 260, 272, 440 (see the attached images).

Is it an issue with T3 which has to be addressed re: Joomla 3.7 or is it something else?

Thanks.

1. line-260
    2. line-272
    3. line-440
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Joomla 3.7 was released yesterday, The team is in progress to update the templates and T3 framework to this latest version,
    please wait for the T3 update for the Joomla 3.7.

Regards

hoinar Friend

In my case it seems that the localhost setup does not agree CSS and JS compression (that I use in the live site) and that solved the problem… but there may be other issues too… so waiting for your update would be wise 🙂

Thanks.

saovry Friend

I have the same problem like you said, Hoina….

Srey_Ra1S$R

mcglynn Friend

Joomlart should be advising against all updates to joomla 3.7..there are major changes included in this update and there are bound to be functional incompatibilities..

sparkktv Friend

It seems turning OFF Optimize CSS in most templates fixes all issues. I tested in localhost before updating my live site. So it seems like all the issues are in that setting. I have zero issues on my site after I turned that option off…

korpisa2 Friend

Would have been nice for Joomlart to be proactive and update the framework in advance.. Now there seems to be a huge backlog of templates to be updated even though T3 framework update would fix most of the issues.

Phill Moderator

Unfortunately it is not possible for JA to be proactive in the way you suggest. Let me explain why. Joomla only finalise the code changes in a very short period before release. With so many templates and extensions this would inevitably mean JA devs would be chasing their tales constantly making edits to the massive library every time Joomla make changes to their core code. So we have no choice but to wait for the stable release before commencing full testing and updating. It is not a trivial task to test, update then test again. This is especially true as every template needs to be tested with every extension and combination of extensions. So please, as ever, be patient and JA will release fully tested and stable templates.

Phill Moderator

Joomla make it clear that testing should be done before upgrading – https://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5703-joomla-3-7-is-here.html

Please see the heading "Is your website ready for Joomla! 3.7?". It is standard practice to test offline large updates. At the very least a backup should always be taken before any updates are undertaken. While JA could release a blog post with advice about J3.7, and probably will, I am not sure many people would take the time to read it before clicking the button.

Personally, I think Joomla should be adding more warnings to the back end specifically for large updates such as this one. That way users would ne forced to at least press and extra button before commencing a potentially damaging operation.

Please also note that the built in back end template that ships with Joomla, hathor, is also not compatible with J3.7. Quite a few users have already discovered this. Switching to the other admin template shipped with Joomla, ISIS (I bet they regret that name now) will rectify some issues users are encountering.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 6 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum