Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Kindly check
    /root/languages/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_teline_v.ini
    Find the words and replace them. Also copy the language code and paste them in your language folder if you are using a different languages.
    Or
    Open Joomla language manager- override- create new override for your language http://prntscr.com/dxgsxn
    Hope it helps.

www1971 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Apply the suggestion given in this thread to translate the strings on event page.

Regards

www1971 Friend

I really want to learn how to do it myself but my events page in the TOP menu already shows a blank page now, im a bit afraid to mess up my site.

Here s what I did:
    You said: Kindly check /root/languages/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_teline_v.ini
    Find the words and replace them

As an editor I use wordpad and/or notepad++ and I first tried to find these words by myself, without success. Than I let the editor search for these words so I can translate them. The only results that I get Is by ordering start date etc. This is not the word that I need to translate.

When I try to overide the TPL_EVENT_START_TIME I get no results in constant or in value?!
    So before I continue; when you say find these words and translate them……and these words are not present, I guess something is wrong?!

Its not that I want to choose the easy way by letting you fix it for me and I really want to know/learn it myself but I just dont get it…and before I continue with the time settings (which is LC2 for the Netherlands ive read somewhere else) I want to be sure if there is not a malfunction in my code.
    (because of my blank eventspage)

kind regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    There event page give internal server error this change does not related to that, you probably did something else, i suggest you to revert the changes .
    For event start translation , at this moment there is no language string defined so u can not change it. You have follow the thread to Change them.
    If there is any issue comes let me know the error i will check and help you to fix it.

www1971 Friend

The thread explains how to change the LC date format and I also need to that but just to be sure that you know what I want. (see screenshot). I want to translate these words and as often that I ve read the topic, I dont see where and how to translate these words. This was done earlier by an override but was set back to original after updating template. This is all abracadabra for me….

1. screenshot-4
    www1971 Friend

Could the TWEAK service solve these and other issues?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly send me FTP account details of site via Private reply.
    Regards

www1971 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    File/html/layouts/joomla/content/item/event.php
    Changes: http://prntscr.com/dxz1z0
    Check the event article now.

Tweak services does not in use now, you can check use this link of custom work requests: https://www.joomlart.com/joomlart/custom-service
    Regards

www1971 Friend

Thank you very much Pankaj! This problem is solved.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  www1971 7 years, 3 months ago.

The topic ‘Start Time and End Time in events page’ is closed to new replies.