Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

With the JA Comment component issue now solved by the new quickstart, I raise another question: how can I speed up the loading time of this template? On your demo site it works excellent. On my Godaddy deluxe shared hosting account, not so fast. Are there any tips to make it (and any other Joomla! 1.6 template) load faster?

Please note that the I didn’t upload any additional images on my site and it still is slow.

Saguaros Moderator

Please come to the Configuration of the template,
    1) then enable the Optimize JS, Css function
    2) You disable the Development Mode
    3) YOu enable the Cache Function

+> then let me check

Thanks

coremain Friend

Hello, I have the same problem. The page loading is very slow.
    I have next configuration:

Thanks in advanced,

María

Ty Sheow Friend

I have the same problem. It looks like there are a lot of CSS images being loaded, mostly from facebook servers. Some images that are loading aren’t even used on the page.

Ty Sheow Friend

Hope this helps other here. I set the settings to what tienhc recommented and also enabled caching from within global config. At first it didn’t help but now that things are cached up, the site is fast again.

After things were at a good speed, I noticed slow down everyday from around 6:00pm PST to midnight PST. I believe this is because of an issue with the host and not the template. I am using hostgator. Does anyone else experience this with hostgator? I wonder if they are running a nightly batch process that is killing the server.

Ty Sheow Friend

<em>@websner 237303 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hope this helps other here. I set the settings to what tienhc recommented and also enabled caching from within global config. At first it didn’t help but now that things are cached up, the site is fast again.

After things were at a good speed, I noticed slow down everyday from around 6:00pm PST to midnight PST. I believe this is because of an issue with the host and not the template. I am using hostgator. Does anyone else experience this with hostgator? I wonder if they are running a nightly batch process that is killing the server.</blockquote>

I take this all back. When it was running slow (and I thought it was my host) I decided to switch templates. When I switch to any other template the site is blazing fast. Everytime I come back to this one, it takes up to 1 min to load each page. I did notice this began to happen right after I enabled mod_rewrite. Can anyone help? please?

Martin Möller Friend

Yes and I have the same problem with methys J1.5. Extremly long loading time – even for very simple subpages (short article, no extra modules)
    Is there any way to clean up the css-files for ex.?
    Any other suggestions? Please let us know.

Saguaros Moderator

now, you can see the demo works very well, please provide me the FTP account and the Administrator account via PM, i would like to detect what is happening your site

soda99 Friend

well, i have the same problem. very very slow

Martin Möller Friend

<em>@tienhc 238595 wrote:</em><blockquote>now, you can see the demo works very well, please provide me the FTP account and the Administrator account via PM, i would like to detect what is happening your site</blockquote>

After changing the rights for the temporary css folder (gantry) – it loads faster now. So everybody: check the folder rights!

elenas Friend

<em>@martinmo 240051 wrote:</em><blockquote>After changing the rights for the temporary css folder (gantry) – it loads faster now. So everybody: check the folder rights!</blockquote>

Thanks Martinmo. Where is this folder located? My JAMethys site is horribly slow too… more than 30 second page load time!

Martin Möller Friend

It’s the “t3-assets”-folder in the root directory of joomla installation. All the temporary CSS- and JS-files are in it.

elenas Friend

Thanks Martinmo. Unfortnately, it made no difference here – my article page (with no images) loads in a grand total of 38 seconds…

elenas Friend

Can anyone please offer suggestions about how to speed this up? I’ve followed all the suggestions above, also enabled gzip and site caching. I’m on Joomla 1.5, by the way.

One problem I am noticing is a big “hang time” when my site is called up – like 10 secs+ before any data loads. This does not happen with any other template! So I believe it is not my server.

Please help! I can’t see how I can possibly use this template with such horribly slow loading.

djtaylor Friend

same problem here im trying to speed my site up but its not happening here is a very good site speed test http://gtmetrix.com/
    does any of the staffr here know how to speed the site up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  djtaylor 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum