Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sorting works ONLY if its set in the component option. Order By under Search Results Settings in the module dont mean anything. Dont work at all.
    Actyaly none of the settings under Search Result Settings dont work at all. They are completely ignored.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by  skullmonkey.
    Luna Garden Moderator

Sorting works ONLY if its set in the component option. Order By under Search Results Settings in the module dont mean anything. Dont work at all.
    Actyaly none of the settings under Search Result Settings dont work at all. They are completely ignored.

The setting for Sorting in Module just for Display, at Default that Order Option will be displayed for Filter when you view.

I will explain a bit more other setting in Search Result Settings for you.
    ‘Menu ItemID’ means: when you click to Search, the Results Page will turn to that Menu Item you set. This setting worked in old Joomla, now, it doesn’t work anymore, we’ll hide this setting to avoid confusing.

‘Select a theme’ means: the theme for Results Page, if you want display also when you first view the K2 List, you must change on setting theme of Menu Item.

‘Ordering Fields’: display the Order Option in Order List.

‘Featured’: Exclude or Include Featured Item on Results Page, if you want this setting is also working when you first view the K2 List, you must change on setting of Menu Item.

skullmonkey Friend

Hi,
    I understand what those options are unfortunately they dont work.
    As for the sorting:

I put Most recent first in the module Order By:
    enter image description here

Then I get all messed up in the front end:

That is because in the component order its set to default:

It means that regardless of what I put in the module sorting option, I always end up getting the order from the component settings, means Its broken. May be this is the reason why sorting options dont show when are set in the module:

Yet, nothing in the font end:

Thanks,
    Gorast

skullmonkey Friend

Any news on this?

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

As I said before:

The setting for Sorting in Module just for Display, at Default that Order Option will be displayed for Filter when you view.

This setting can’t change the List order when you first view, just showing that the Order setting will be what options.

And in Component Option of JA K2 Filter, Option Order Default is means follow Order Option of K2. And the Order of Module JA K2 Filter will follow Order Option set in Component.
    So the correct Setting is:

• Setting Order in Component is: Oldest First (by Date Created)
    • Setting Order in Module is: Default.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum